My dang unit's too friggin' short ... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

The tilt steerin' column from Summit Racing turned out to be pretty cheesy. So replacin' it with a top-of-the-line model from Flaming River. Can really tell the difference.

20181220_A_Steering column.jpg

Windshield's all set to go on ...

20181220_C_Windshield.jpg

Million-Dollar Tailgate's installed ...

20181220_D_Tailgate.jpg

The 20" 8-lug TrailReadys are outta powdercoatin' ...

20181220_E_8 lug wheel.jpg

And over at Signature Customs, the lil' doors are fixin' to get some paint. Smoothed over the key lock cylinder. Keys on half doors don't really make to much sense if you think about it.

20181220_door prepped.jpg

:flamingo:

All the parts and pieces are now yella. They're gonna cure over the holiday weekend and then go over to the jeep shop next week for assembly.

20181228_A_Painted parts.jpg

20181228_B_Painted parts.jpg

20181228_C_Painted parts.jpg

Really cool!

Never would have thought you would have picked yellow but looks dam good!

Stay safe bud!

What seats did you go with in this thing?

How were they on the trip to Hot Springs. My back has gotten pretty damned bad and I am looking at some aftermarket seats for all my trucks.. What model are they?

^^^tire to wheel tire ratio meets @woody ‘s formula for perfection. Cool build Kowboy.

(Now I’ll go back to my strict policy of reading, looking and liking)

I love following this thread! Fun to watch the changes and upgrades, thanks for documenting and sharing the progress!!
Cheers!!

Thanks for followin' along sir. Been a long, 3 1/2 year ordeal and the end is so close I can taste it.

Really lookin' forward to the roadtrip to Texas.

Wrappin' thangs up as we enter the final two weeks of the build.

Original exhaust was just turned down under the tub in front of the rear bumper to get it completely outta the way. Weren't no problem with the full top or topless. But the sexy new half cab created some sorta freaky air vortex and the fumes were killin' me. So we booty fabbed an extension on the 3" tailpipe to get it out from under the tub. That's what I ran with to Arkansas. Solved the fumes so needed somethin' permanent. Went with a rectangular design to maximize clearance. Couldn't find one off the shelf with a 3" inlet so TNT custom made me one.

20190124_A_Exhaust tip_MUD.jpg

Both the lid and the opennin' on the center console had to be custom narrowed so the lid would fully open with the new design seats that are wider. A custom bristle-type boot was also made for the parking brake handle. It was bolted in. Then the bolt heads were ground off and welded to make them into studs. Obviously all the metal work ruined the powdercoatin'. So it was acid dipped, lightly sandblasted, and re-powdercoated. Then had a custom cushion made for the top. Works great. Looks great. Still uses original lock and key. Ain't nothin' but time and money folks ...

20190124_F_console closed_MUD1.jpg

20190124_G_Console open_MUD1.jpg

And the final piece of the puzzle just got delivered. My Woody's now bigger than ever ... Tom Woods custom shaft to bridge the gap from the 4-speed Atlas to the new ProRock80.

20190124_D_Driveshaft_MUD.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom