Builds My BJ R 60 !! resurrected, almost (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

This may seem like forever ago but how did you make your rear wheel arches? I like the look of the flare and am diving in on rebuilding my rear arches (replacing the crap bondo build of the previous owner) but trying to replicate the look of the flares but made of steel so they aren't salt traps in the winter.

Found some pics, i noticed i did not post many pics in the beginning,

027.jpg
025.jpg
030.jpg

one of my top 5 favourite trucks on mud. too bad its too nice to 4x. whens is the maiden voyage?

LOL... Love the HOLY **** written on the side of the fender... probably because there was actually steel that far back and not rust!

Thanks! love the colour you kept by the way, nothing better than the 80's toyota poo brown but I may be a bit biased…

Thank, i also agree now that i see it painted, but it has been close to 10 years i started this rig think, i Brown was not on my radar at all !!
:beer::beer:

View attachment 1360025

one of my top 5 favourite trucks on mud. too bad its too nice to 4x. whens is the maiden voyage?

Thanks man, always nice to hear that.

But trust me, she aint gonna get it any different than my 40 did! First ride out and she's going straight to a branch trail ! No use saving it for the next guy and i built it to use it, but i will be a little easy on her….

LOL... Love the HOLY **** written on the side of the fender... probably because there was actually steel that far back and not rust!

YUP, that was ONE of the reasons !! haha

Marley build and this build top 2 for me!

Wow, that truck set a high bar, geez thanks !!
:smokin::smokin:

Waiting on a list of stuff to come in and hopeing to hit the road this summer in her, ....

Last edited:
Some blacked out stuff to put the outside back together,

IMG_0001.JPG IMG_0002.jpg IMG_0004.jpg IMG_0003.JPG

So, to hang some of this stuff, the new black mlds from ONUR, emblems and windows the paint must be buffed. Why?
Well,i had a few paint runs on me left fender that had to be fixed . After that you buff the sand marks out,and after that YOU notice you will now have to sand and buff the rest of the truck to look as nice as the fender . Go figure?

IMG_0001.JPG

A little bit of progress, things are slow ( shoulder surgery ) :bang: So....

Got the rear bumper done, the front fender Liners also and got the glass in !! :bounce:
Jason, those glass locks ya sent me are GREAT. !!

IMG_0199.jpg

IMG_0179.jpg
IMG_0187.JPG

IMG_0208.JPG

:bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce::bounce:

putt'n along...

Had a good old friend come help with the final buff so I could start to hang stuff on...

IMG_0216.JPG

so, on went wipers, mirrors, new blacked out door belt mods, thanks to Beno,side vents.....

IMG_0224.JPG

Window lock strip by TT !!

IMG_0225.JPG

Hell, I'm getting ahead of myself with stickers already !! :hillbilly:

IMG_0226.JPG

Forgot to take a pic of final cuts, I was excited to mock up the seats and dash, and the old door cards to think of what to to with them. Now I know.....

:beer::beer: These help ! :smokin:

IMG_0252.JPG

IMG_0254.JPG

:bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce::bounce2::bounce:

:D

IMG_0257.JPG

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom