Builds My BJ R 60 !! resurrected, almost (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Finally got the new bushings in for my new on warranty shock so I can button up the fender wells...

IMG_2587.JPG
IMG_2588.JPG

No more MUD in the engine bay !!! :bounce2:

Made up some hangers to " hang " some mud flaps, yes, mud flaps. Gravel roads in these parts with lots of rocks, so, paint chipping is bad.

fullsizeoutput_b6a.jpeg
IMG_2583.JPG

Now I am just trying to find some good rubber to make the actual flaps..

Took some time to make a bracket to hang some lights on the front for night rides, BIG moose country here...

IMG_2564.JPG
IMG_2569.JPG
IMG_2573.JPG
IMG_2581.JPG

Got some cheap weather pack connectors to plug them up. I have a Victron 24v to 12v battery charger on order to finally install and charge my third battery 12v system..excited for this a will start to install a stereo in this thing and work on the interior.. :bounce::bounce::bounce:

Air system on order also, air lift gauge came in...

IMG_2566.JPG

Busy, busy, busy..... 👍

fjl40 Thanks man !!

Last edited:
damn son, you gettin' $h!t done! those hids are gonna auger a sizable hole into the nite. the moose ain't going to see for a week after

damn son, you gettin' $h!t done! those hids are gonna auger a sizable hole into the nite. the moose ain't going to see for a week after
Haha, I'm trying to get as much done as I can before next month. The wife has other plans for me soon... :bang: Those lights are pretty good for cheapo's, should work for awhile. Whether is getting better and calls are coming in for dent repairs, so cruiser work gonna end soon.

:grinpimp:

Got a little more done.. More parts came in and after a little shake down, my list grew .. :bang:
Coming back home from town to my place. I have steep hill climb up and over the mountain which last about 3.5 KM, start wide open in forth and end up in 3rd at 60kms, no big deal but the temps get right up there and don't wanna harm anything. 3 things here I think might help, first, I know the exhaust is a tad small as I had put the 4cy muffler and tail pipe on which is 1/4 inch smaller than the 2h one. (all I had at the time )) and I think maybe its restricting exhaust flow. Second, I will test or replace the fan clutch to see if that helps, and last, I suspect maybe my front spot lights might be restricting air flow a little also ? Not sure, will test...

IMG_2668.JPG

first off, I gonna replace my exhaust, I had ordered a cheap kit on Amazon a few months ago to build a system at a later date, but here I am needing it now !

IMG_2652.JPG
IMG_2665.JPG
IMG_2656.JPG
IMG_2664.JPG

I want to test it with just the new exhaust first to see if anything changes. Then I will move on to fan clutch, etc. I really hope its not my spot lights, as I do not want a light bar on this..

Finally got my Victron DC to DC battery charger to build my 12 volt system, so I have been work on that also, building all the wire harness stuff for the lights, stereo,etc..

fullsizeoutput_b6e.jpeg

IMG_2634.JPG

The more stuff I add, the more real estate I'm looking for.. :grinpimp: trying to stuff things everywhere I built an inner box for the rear quarters to put maybe my compressor in and out of the way.But, I made a booboo as I forgot to taper off the top to actually fit in the quarter..:bang: no biggie, I will splice it....

Not the first time I did something twice..

IMG_2645.JPG
IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2650.JPG
IMG_2651.JPG

Made up brackets to hang a radio also...

fullsizeoutput_b6f.jpeg
IMG_2642.JPG
IMG_2643.JPG

One day we'll get together to build some stuff.

J
Man, that would be sweet !! Hell, for me a cool vacation would be working a few weeks for free down at your shop !! HAHA. 👍

Oh, almost forgot, the gear choice I made I think is gonna be awesome for me, AND, the AIRBAGS.. Holy cow, I think they are gonna rock !!
Controls body roll so much, they seem to be the ticket also, time will tell. :cheers:

Ok, so more got done, and some updates...
First, placing the tailpipe on the side worked out very well as I have way less diesel smell in the cab ! WIN !!
Got some flaps mad up so I can stop rock chipping the heck out out her, and testing some pad in the rocker bar, slides.. I will be changing these sliders up in the future as it is very hard to get in the back seat..

IMG_2664.JPG
IMG_2728.JPG
IMG_2729.JPG
67535071242__79D11BAF-E7CB-4799-9A20-CDA9A37EF8A4.JPG
IMG_2732.JPG

As you can see I'm also working on fine tuning the steering had a bit os shake or it was to nervous so I took the wheels off my 40 to try as the are not as wide as these 10" but went back to my 10's.. Decided to add a leaf in front as it was a little bit soft,..problem solved, another win ! 👍

IMG_2722.JPG

Now, I finally get to install my adjustable steering stabalizer that I've had here for awhile. been waiting of my machine shop friend to fab my bracket to install it, this one is a temp I made for now...

fullsizeoutput_b71.jpeg

IMG_2710.JPG
IMG_2711.JPG
IMG_2712.JPG
IMG_2713.JPG

First time ever having an adjustable damper and it is amazing !! When I came back from the alignment shop I was very disappointed in the steering system since I had busted my ass trying to get this right with the cut n' turn and all, I had completely forgot to adjust it. :bang:
Got it turned up some and BAM !! Night and day difference !! All is good except it needs a tad adjustment on the box. but the nut is rusted.. will attack later... So big thanks to Jason @ Trail Tailor. 👍 ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Also got some work done on my 12volt system, some lights now working 👍 Got me an Amazon special AUX BEAM control module to control all exterior lights, and working on a Painless system for the interior n needs ..
IMG_2774.JPG

IMG_2776.JPG

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom