My 73 911 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hello Everyone.. I am a newbie here and noticed there is a classics page. Thought I might post a few pictures of my 1973 911. I have owned it for 25 years and am the second owner.it was in poor shape when I picked it up and it took me 5 years to restore it. did all the work myself except the paint. its a numbers matching car but the original color was purple. it has 63,000 original miles on it.

IMG_3659.JPG

Nice ride!

Bet your glad you kept it!! 69 thru 73 prices are insane. I used to have a 77 930 turbo, also a six figure car now. Wish I didnt sell my 993!! Never thought the aircooled would take off like they have in the last few years.

Bet your glad you kept it!! 69 thru 73 prices are insane. I used to have a 77 930 turbo, also a six figure car now. Wish I didnt sell my 993!! Never thought the aircooled would take off like they have in the last few years.
930 turbo's are unbelievable the way the prices are climbing. I don't think I will ever sell her, only because both my daughters have helped me when I was in the garage restoring her. We have so many great memories it feels like it's part of the family. Strange to say that about a car but it's true.

I pick up my kids from school in my high school hot rod! Its been a family member for 27 years! Would be very hard to see someone drive off in it!

Thanks....
I got really lucky with this car. I'm a second owner with all numbers matching. I bought it over Twenty years ago for $10,000. I had someone offer me 100,000 for it a couple months ago but still turned him down.
I just bought a 71 FJ about 6 months ago and I'm hoping it goes up in value like the Porshe did. You never know.

Beautiful!! Will NOT sell my 1995 993. Air cools rule.

BEAUTIFUL ride man! I got to borrow one of those in red for Junior prom. Yeah, I know right? He was a youth advisor and really liked and trusted me. Thing was, the harmonic balancer had crystallized over the years and when I took it through some windeys that balancer fragmented! Took out the oil seal and we had to tow it home. His response, "That's too bad, I'll have to fix it up so you can use it again." Awesome guy! No I never took him up on it. Some times you have to pay attention to the messages and quit while you're ahead.

Really beautiful ride though! Congrats! :clap::cheers:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom