MWB hardtop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

SNLC

OCD
Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.snlandcruisers.com
i have seen a number of 73/74 MWB trucks but without the fiberglass top. These are full length all steel non-removable hardtops.

I have seen these called 75's. So are they truly 75's?

Cheers

i have seen a number of 73/74 MWB trucks but without the fiberglass top. These are full length all steel non-removable hardtops.

I have seen these called 75's. So are they truly 75's?

Cheers

Never heard about anything like that, do you have any pics ?

Pictures, these are being called "75-series" in the country they are located in.

73 hardtop1.JPG

73 hardtop3.JPG

73 hardtop4.JPG

73 hardtop5.JPG

73 hardtop6.JPG

Cheers

Really interesting - any chance you could post a few of those bigger so we can see the details better?
I've never seen any like this before. It doesn't quite look factory , the rear side windows especially - maybe @cruiserdan could shed some light? There are a few pretty kooky aftermarket hardtops in the Cruiser museum, but not on 70 series trucks.

I knew I wasn't crazy.

LOL no one said you were crazy, just that we never got a mid wheelbase hard top 70 series in Canada - only the short wheelbase BJ70.

5663166051_a25f78fc3f_z.jpg

Very odd truck. Definitely not a 75 in terms of a Troopie length.

@joekatana might have seem some of these during his years in Central and South America.

Does not look factory. Or is some type of a custom jobber. 75 series rear quarter windows matched with a hardtop sans FRP.

Odd.

I guess there are custom jobs out there that are not exactly factory. An ebay member sent me a pic of a FRP top SWB which I didn't think existed other than the one that crushers made and documented on here somewhere.

s-l1600.jpg

Very odd truck. Definitely not a 75 in terms of a Troopie length.

@joekatana might have seem some of these during his years in Central and South America.

Does not look factory. Or is some type of a custom jobber. 75 series rear quarter windows matched with a hardtop sans FRP.

Odd.

Never seen one in any of the latin American countries I lived in or visited but the seat upholstery and surroundings in the pics are a dead give away we are talking about central/south America somewhere.

Maybe some weird government regulations led to the existence of these?

I don’t really care for them, mwb is always good but non removable top sucks.

What engine are these running Ian ?

Never seen one in any of the latin American countries I lived in or visited but the seat upholstery and surroundings in the pics are a dead give away we are talking about central/south America somewhere.

Maybe some weird government regulations led to the existence of these?

I don’t really care for them, mwb is always good but non removable top sucks.

What engine are these running Ian ?

1FZ-F or 3F? My guess.

Green ones looks like a conversion... with the drop down windshield still in place.

mwb.jpg

^^
There you go. 45 on the fender probably for 4.5L 1FZ, hence them calling it a 45?

The sharp corner in the door frame at the top of the A pillar is also a give away to the trucks original removable top beginnings. The PX10 is the only mid wb hardtop I can think of.

Last edited:
Definitely not a 75 series as the series number indicates its a LWB.
Something odd about those windows. Something odd about ditching the FRP top for a steel roof. I like the FRP top for being cool in summer rust proof, and no polishing required. And some liked removing them for fine weather.
Maybe the steel roof was added to appease local content laws.

I kinda like it the MWB hard top look. Not sure if I would buy one. I have to wonder if front windshield frame replacement (if it comes to that) requires cutting and welding of metal....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom