MWB hardtop? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

So good guesses everyone!

They are 1fz powered and are in Latin America. They are armoured as I found out recently so this is why they are what they are. Why you would ever armour a 73-series beats me but there ya go.

Cheers

Hello,

The small rear jump seats give it away as a Colombia spec 73 Series, as do the embroidered vinyl upholstery.

Colombian MWB Cruisers were soft top. Something related with taxes: a rag top vehicle paid a lot less than a hard top.

Aftermarket FRP tops are common in Colombia. So far, I had seen steel tops only on Colombian FJ43s.

On the other hand, panel beaters in the Third World can become quite creative with damaged tops...

Land Cruisers are the VIP transport of choice for many places in Colombia, and as such, local retailers advertise them as good vehicles to convert into armoured transports. Too many guerrillas and narcos out there willing to make money out of kidnappings/assasinations, I guess.

Juan

Hello,

The small rear jump seats give it away as a Colombia spec 73 Series

Juan

Are you saying these small jump seats in the rear are installed by Toyota? They are pretty useless to be honest.

Are you saying these small jump seats in the rear are installed by Toyota? They are pretty useless to be honest.

Hello,

Different markets, different 70 Series configurations/trims/accessories/you name it. Colombia got some peculiar things.

I have seen them as OEM equipment in Colombia-spec 73 Series. They bolt on in the same place as the standard length jump seats.

Two things give away a Colombian FJ/FZJ73. One is the aftermarket FRP top. The other is those little jump seats.

Soft Top Cruisers paid less (a lot less it seems) taxes than hard tops in Colombia. Later they were imported as soft top CKDs for in-country assembly using local components, an FRP top and the little jump seats among them.

Keep in mind that the locals always want to seat as many people as they can in their Land Cruisers. It is possible to accommodate 8 seated passengers for them: three in the front, three in the back seat, and two in the small jump seats. Safety comes a distant second in this case.

Juan

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom