MustardFj40..what kinda rack you got there? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I was checking out all the pics of the Members Rigs. I really like the light set up and rack on MustardFj40's rig. Any idea of what type it is and the measurements?

Thanks guys

Don

Thanks guys!

It's a heavy duty Garvin Wilderness roof rack, I bought from Spector, they charged 30 bucks for "core" so be carefull of their shipping charge and other surchages. Here's the website for the manufacture:

http://www.garvin-industries.com/

A local cruiser budy custom made the light brackets for me and welded them onto the front of the roof rack. The original clamps (to the rain gutters) weren't strong enough and gave out on the Rubicon which caused the whole loaded rack to slide forward. After the trip I replaced them with the much stronger Conferr Bulldog clamps.

Hope this helps.

/td

You can buy these racks at various outlets. I got one for my 62 from JTO. Do a googles serach for Surco as this is one of the manufacturers. I was not impressed with their clamps but never had one fail.

ALF

I need one of these...hehe, driving around the Washington DC metro area...lol

Seriously, I am going to get one...the fit looks excellet. And the lights are "right"...

Mustard, is that 2 7" lights and 2 6" lights?
I'd like to duplicate your Rack/Lights set up.

Thanks for the info...

Don in Va

I am looking to buy a rack to,
where can I see a pic of mustardfj40's cruiser with the rack on....I have been searching....

thx

[quote author=Razor link=board=1;threadid=10393;start=msg93989#msg93989 date=1074795644]
I am looking to buy a rack to,
where can I see a pic of mustardfj40's cruiser with the rack on....I have been searching....

thx

[/quote]
..page 5 of the Post you Cruiser Pix" thread..

BTW-I bought that same rack 3-4 months ago from Summit off of their clearance page thanks to someone's recommendation here. Thanxs :cheers:

MSRP was 399 and I got it for 199.
Don't even have the tub back on yet but couldn't pass up that price.
It's a great rack.
Brog

A couple of threads down there is a topic about posting pics of your cruiser. Mustards pic is on page 5 about half way down. I had also seen a pic of it at what looked like a ralley parking lot. It was on the net, and seemed like he had covers on the lights.

The lights are Hella 1000's and Hella 4000's, they're different sizes but unfortunately, I don't remember the diameters.

This is without light covers and ......wheels.... :eek:

Looks like it could have been BHCC 03.....

[quote author=isotel link=board=1;threadid=10393;start=msg94172#msg94172 date=1074812140]
cool picture except the mustard 40 in the distance with the hood up holding up trafic..
[/quote]

Actually, everybody was waiting for me to clear this obstacle on Big Sluice at Rubicon, that mustard 40 has a very nicely modified spring-over done by Mudrak, and cable lockers...sweet truck!

/td

Hey Mustardfj40 - I have the same rack and the same problem with the Wilderness clamps though I haven't hit the Rubicon lately. Did you get the 3 piece bulldog clamps from Conferr and did they bolt on without modification?

Thx - NJFJ40

[quote author=NJFJ40 link=board=1;threadid=10393;start=msg94726#msg94726 date=1074906309]
Hey Mustardfj40 - I have the same rack and the same problem with the Wilderness clamps though I haven't hit the Rubicon lately. Did you get the 3 piece bulldog clamps from Conferr and did they bolt on without modification?

Thx - NJFJ40
[/quote]

Yeap, they bolted on without modification except some stronger washers and longer bolts. Or you can add 4 more of the same clamps like in the red truck above to distribute the weight. Personally I would go with the Conferr Bull dog clamps.

/td

[quote author=folsom50 link=board=1;threadid=10393;start=msg94739#msg94739 date=1074909006]
Now granted, the color ain't as "bling-bling" as our calf scour yellow piant, but I've continually got a chub off of this aftermarket metal work.

http://www.rockymountaincruisers.com/fj40_fr76_fullsize.html
[/quote]

Nice clean truck, how about a pic inside the engine compartment how you plumbed tube from the air cleaner to to snorkle?

/td

Sorry, not my truck. I wouldn't complain if it was though, it was a customers cruiser at Rocky mountain cruisers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom