Multi Day Trip-Jun 16th to June 19th-Lake Chelan Area (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

mr2m1

SILVER Star
Threads
@thezbone invited us all to spend 3 days with him exploring the Chelan area while his wife is working in the area. ;)
Original Post Here

The plan is to meetup on Fri in Chelan then head towards the start of the route. Camping will be remote and the route will be on forest service roads, I don't think there should be any issues with stock vehicles. There is the possibility of dust in some areas so the group may want to put some distance between each other in those locations. A good GMRS or 2-way radio will be required for communication especially in the dusty areas. Camping will be remote so plan accordingly.

I will post more details as they become available. Otherwise, feel free to post any questions here or message @thezbone or me @mr2m1.

Multi Day Trip: Fri Jun 16th to Mon June 19th
Meetup time: 12pm - 1pm

106 W Manson Rd, Chelan, WA 98816

Dang it! That would have been super fun, but we already committed to the Overland Rally in Plain that weekend. Thank you, though!

Rats……sounds like fun!!!! I am headed to GSMTR 2023 in Tennessee that weekend.

I’ll confirm tonight but I am pretty sure I am in.

Are you back in Washington?
Yes, got back on Saturday. Trying to arrange things so Tyson can make it too. The man needs a break.

Myself and the son-in-law are a go. Looking forward to this one. We probably will have to cut out on Sunday, however.

Sorry for the radio silence - I was road tripping with my family for the last week. Looking forward to hitting the road in few days. I had some crap land on me while I was gone last week, so I might end up working from the campsite here and there, but should be fun otherwise!

Quick note: I do not have a radio. I am happy to run this like a dirt bike trail ride (you're responsible for the guy behind you at intersections and in case of stops). If anyone has an extra radio and prefers we are in communication at all times, I will also be happy to fumble through utilizing it as well.

Here's to a "short week" with some camping and Cruising on the horizon. 🍻

Sorry for the radio silence - I was road tripping with my family for the last week. Looking forward to hitting the road in few days. I had some crap land on me while I was gone last week, so I might end up working from the campsite here and there, but should be fun otherwise!

Quick note: I do not have a radio. I am happy to run this like a dirt bike trail ride (you're responsible for the guy behind you at intersections and in case of stops). If anyone has an extra radio and prefers we are in communication at all times, I will also be happy to fumble through utilizing it as well.

Here's to a "short week" with some camping and Cruising on the horizon. 🍻
Looking forward to it!

I will also be needing to cut out on sunday, I do have a pair of Motorola 2 way radios. Did we have a rough meeting time yet? I'd like to start planning the route out to chelan.

meetup time is 12 to 1 pm at the Safeway parking lot in Chelan. That still good for everyone?

meetup time is 12 to 1 pm at the Safeway parking lot in Chelan. That still good for everyone?
Yep, that works for me. Leaving Boise around 4am and it should be a 7.5 hour drive to Chelan. I have to drop my wife off where she is staying, so I should be closer to 12:30 assuming she doesn't have to stop to pee too many times (and the Cruiser doesn't have to stop and drink too many times).

I’ll also have a radio with me. Let the good times roll!

Last edited:
Had a blast with you fellas this past weekend. Already looking forward to the next one! And thanks, @mr2m1 for helping me put it together!
1687270420896.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom