Muffler for SOR header setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

ERNRAM

SILVER Star
Threads
Howdy,

Putting a SOR ceramic header with the 2-1 pipe in a 69 FJ40, and wanting to see what muffler people have used with that setup with the tail pipe eventually exiting on the driver's side.

Looks tight along the frame rail so assume it would be an offset inlet oval muffler or a small round one.

20220216_175555.jpg

20220216_175528.jpg

I have used a Walker Quietflow round muffler on my last 2 and have been really happy with them (1970 and 1970). Nice and quiet, similar size to factory muffler. Number 17914 is the one I have on my current 1970. This one is 2” inlet/outlet. 6” body diameter so I needed to use a different clamp than the factory one to the frame mounted hangar (5” I think).

I just used the muffler SOR sells. Supposed to fit up to a 74 40 series but works great in my 76 with the same header setup and exits behind the rear driver side tire.

I think it depends upon age group. As I got older I wanted quieter, so picked up a Midas "Gold" series muffler for a Cadillac. I was able to sneak up on people walking down the center of a parking lot lane.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom