MTs for a DD? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

I concur with the above. My Nitto Ridge Grapplers have exceeded my expectations however, they do seem to be wearing faster than the Generals and BFG I had on other trucks.

When it comes time to replace, I would like to try the Kenda R/T on a 17" wheel (35x10.5R17). For the price difference, plus what I could sell my current wheels for, I could get a nice set of new 17" wheels.

I concur with the above. My Nitto Ridge Grapplers have exceeded my expectations however, they do seem to be wearing faster than the Generals and BFG I had on other trucks.

When it comes time to replace, I would like to try the Kenda R/T on a 17" wheel (35x10.5R17). For the price difference, plus what I could sell my current wheels for, I could get a nice set of new 17" wheels.
Honestly this is the first I’m hearing of the kendras so I’m going to dig into those some more. Not sure why, but I’m hesitant on Nittos. My terra grapplers were not awesome on my 4runner or jeep.

The Terra Grappler and their MT are crap, the Ridge Grappler is not, it's a fantastic tire.

Agreed. The R/T, AKA rugged terrain, AKA hybrid tire was made for this. Includes aggressive elements of an M/T tire, with sensibilities of an A/T tire.

Notable ones on the market
- Toyo Open Country R/T
- Goodyear Wrangler Duratrac
- Cooper Discoverer S/T Maxx
- Nitto Ridge Grappler

The Duratrac's some consider an A/T, but is also aggressive enough to fit ouside of the typical A/T set.

Then you've got the both feet in M/Ts.

I have a set of Open Country R/T’s. They’ve been great so far. (17k and counting)

I have 40k on my Ridge Grapplers and was not happy with the off road performance. Moving my 100 and 200 Mud Terrains in the spring.

Land Cruisers deserve Mud Terrains.

I’m on my second set of Toyo MTs and wouldn’t have it any other way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom