Mounting a front license on an ARB bumper question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

OwnerCS

GOLD Star
Threads
Has anybody mounted a front license on an ARB Deluxe bumper. There are two holes in the bumper above the winch that appear to be for mounting a license plate. I was surprised to see there are no threads behind the holes.

Do I need some type of self-tapping bolt to screw into the holes and hopefully will not come loose?

If I remember correctly, there’s an “H” shaped bracket that mounts to those holes on the bumper (with screws/bolts and nuts) and a “US” sized plate bolts to the “H” bracket.

On my old 80 series, I did bolt the plate directly to the bumper (bolts, washers, & nuts) but I did have to punch Australian spaced holes in the license plate.

(I’ll take a picture of my son’s, when I get home tomorrow, if someone hasn’t already added a picture to this thread.)

If I remember correctly, there’s an “H” shaped bracket that mounts to those holes on the bumper (with screws/bolts and nuts) and a “US” sized plate bolts to the “H” bracket.

On my old 80 series, I did bolt the plate directly to the bumper (bolts, washers, & nuts) but I did have to punch Australian spaced holes in the license plate.

(I’ll take a picture of my son’s, when I get home tomorrow, if someone hasn’t already added a picture to this thread.)
Thanks for the picture offer. I don't recall or remember an H bracket so I'm out of luck in that area. Actually, I'm attempting to mount an Australian plate with a mounting holder in the two holes on the front.

I may need to look into some type of self-tapping metal screws that will stay put once I screw them into the bumper. The ARB site says to use the appropriate fastener for mounting a license plate.

Thanks for the picture offer. I don't recall or remember an H bracket so I'm out of luck in that area. Actually, I'm attempting to mount an Australian plate with a mounting holder in the two holes on the front.

I may need to look into some type of self-tapping metal screws that will stay put once I screw them into the bumper. The ARB site says to use the appropriate fastener for mounting a license plate.

If it’s an Australian plate, I suspect it would bolt directly to the bumper, but I’d lean towards using screws/bolts, nuts and lock washers (or nylock nuts), instead of “self tapping” screws that would likely just dig into the powder coat.

If it’s an Australian plate, I suspect it would bolt directly to the bumper, but I’d lean towards using screws/bolts, nuts and lock washers (or nylock nuts), instead of “self tapping” screws that would likely just dig into the powder coat.

I agree. I bought some bolts and nylock nuts. The problem I have is once the plate is positioned, I can't reach behind the bumper mounting location to tighten a nut. LOL

Strange problem.

I agree. I bought some bolts and nylock nuts. The problem I have is once the plate is positioned, I can't reach behind the bumper mounting location to tighten a nut. LOL

Strange problem.

I remember struggling a bit getting the bracket mounted, and maybe muttering a few four letter words, getting those bolts in, but it was possible.

I remember struggling a bit getting the bracket mounted, and maybe muttering a few four letter words, getting those bolts in, but it was possible.
I'll see if my kid with small hands can reach behind the bar. My hands are too big and inflexible to reach into that type of area.

Should be a silver bracket like mentioned above. The area is quite tight to get a hand behind for the nut

My daughter was able to reach in behind the part of the bumper to get the screws started. It came out ok. I used the euro-style mount that I ordered with the plate.

1619872269140.png

Just in case this comes up in someone’s search, the bracket for a US plate looks like this:
AF7F42E0-89D8-4218-B457-11E5AEB7BB05.jpeg

So that's what this is for! I used it to mount my winch control box 🤓

I remember using a slightly different bracket for the winch control box.

Something like this stolen picture from the Internet:
420AFFD7-1E2D-4600-BB01-610201ECAAAD.jpeg

what about putting rivnuts on that bumper? then it's all bolt up from the front? Or option B is bolt magnets to the license plate, then just stick it on. that's what I'm running on the 60 now, seems to be working fine except for deep water crossings...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom