mounting 12HT to FJ60 frame-- Do I need to move motor mounts? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

The title line pretty much explains it.

I'm waiting for a 12HT-H55F combo from SHeldon and Greg at G&S Cruiser parts. Sheldon assures me I'm number 1 on the list for the engine when it comes.

I have a beautiful, rust free frame from a 83 FJ-60 I will be swapping out with the rusted, cracked and twisted MF of a frame I have.

Do I need to move the motor mounts on the fj60 frame to accomodate the 12HT?

I'm getting ready to order suspension and rebuild the axles soon, and I'd like to get the frame sent off to get powder coated before winter comes, but I don't want to get the frame powder coated if I'm going to have to damage the paint later to affix new motor mounts.

Any ideas?

And what if I get tired of waiting for a 12HT and decide to go with a 1HZ or 13BT instead? Do I have to move them again in that case?

thanks in advance,
Fred

i know for an HJ60 chassis you probably would not have to but, 2F mounts may be different....not sure.

for a 1HZ, yes.

its always a good idea to do a mock up before sending the frame out. mate the chassis, body shell and engine/tranny to for position/clearences and then disassemble again. this will minimize assembly problems and modifications later.

For sure . 2F motor mounts are diferent than 2H mount. Your 12H-T ( congrats for this beauty engine ) come with motor mount brackets . ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom