Builds Mouldy Mario gets defoliated. (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Garage Art Episode 1: So what's this other project, I hear you ask? Well, as you know fixing rusty old cars cost money. So one day earlier in the year, I was scratching my head wondering how I could go about making myself some extra coin that I could stick into Mario, without feeling too guilty. Sell the kids? Stick up a bank? Make meth? I even thought about some legitimate ways to make money.....get a second job, budget better and save!!

Then it dawned on me. Make something out of the un-useable and rusty old LandCruiser bits. Make a piece of man-cave, garage art and sell it! How difficult can it be? A bit of rust, a bit of patina, more rust. Something I could knock over in a weekend!

So this is what I started with. Two bent and rusty guards, one completely knackered bonnet (That's a 'hood' my heathen friends, north of the equator). One twisted headlight surround panel, a bezel and two dirty old indicators full of cobwebs and deadly spiders.

IMG_9908.JPG

IMG_0125.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0150.JPG

IMG_0127.JPG

Garage Art Episode 2: Bolt the rusty bits together. Mark a few lines and start cutting. So far, so good. I'll probably have this little project barrelled over by dinner time. Then stuff started to get weird. To be continued...........

IMG_0138.JPG

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0133.JPG

IMG_0145.JPG

Glad to see you posting again mate! The 45 is really looking good!! How about a few more pictures of the truck. BTW nice wall art. I made one similar near the end of Samson’s build.

No sir. Just bolt it up metal to metal.
Thats odd, I recall my HJ47 having one. I looked up the parts diagram and Toyota part numbers come up.

4727524010, ALR, EUR.

Both parts still available as well. Just a paper gasket.

Should be a paper gasket

Welcome back Ben! Cruiser is looking sharp, paper gasket and send!

Bump for updates mate!?
Awesome build, Thank you Ben. It is 2024 end of March. I just sold a sump pan to Ben and he pointed me to his build. What an honour to meet him. Maybe it is presumption for me to speak for him, but he is driving Mario and said he should update what he has done so far when he gets a chance. But mud is about sharing. Mario looks beautiful from the pics he showed me.

We talked cruisers and split rims. He even practiced replacing tubes on the splitties and got it down to 10-15 minutes, type of fella he is. Humbled indeed. Speaking to him also conveyed some of the stories the pics didn't describe, like people he met, perfect for upholstering for example. The amount he learned from this project.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom