Motor brackets for frame (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Installing a 3fe engine from a FJ62 into a ‘76 FJ40 and needing brackets to attach the motor to the frame. Any direction, recommendations or suggestions appreciated.

the ones that attach to the engine?
are the current ones missing?
any F, 2F, 3FE engine mounts will work the bolt on mounts didn't change dimensions, just had the a/c added to the passenger side but the isolator is in the same place.
the isolators changed thru the years
the bolt pattern on the engine block is the same

you can place a wanted post in the classifieds if needed:

the ones that attach to the engine?
are the current ones missing?
any F, 2F, 3FE engine mounts will work the bolt on mounts didn't change dimensions, just had the a/c added to the passenger side but the isolator is in the same place.
the isolators changed thru the years
the bolt pattern on the engine block is the same

you can place a wanted post in the classifieds if needed:

Yes. The brackets between the frame and the engine. When I bought the FJ, it had a 350 literally sitting in the engine compartment, but not attached. Going back to a Toyota engine. I have 40 brackets, but they seem to have a flat mount compared to the 62 engine which has a slanted mount. Was told I needed 62 brackets. Sign me a newbie who is learning as I go!

are the original frame mounts still there?
they should be across from each other and angled toward the engine above the front axle

Here’s what I have:
1606264440249.jpeg

those are not the stock frame mounts
those are weld in ones for the V8 conversion
those need to be removed, cut off wheel and a grinder
I can't see in your pic, there should be 4 holes on the inner frame on each side, that is where the original rivets held the frame mounts to the frame.
you need to post in the classifieds for the frame mounts from someone who is parting out a 40 series, the year should not matter as the mounts were the same thru the years, you can then bolt them back in place or weld them in

do you know what trans and transfer you are going to use?
there is a rear bracket which the mount from the stock bellhousing would go to and the driver side one would go thru the top of the frame.

those are not the stock frame mounts
those are weld in ones for the V8 conversion
those need to be removed, cut off wheel and a grinder
I can't see in your pic, there should be 4 holes on the inner frame on each side, that is where the original rivets held the frame mounts to the frame.
you need to post in the classifieds for the frame mounts from someone who is parting out a 40 series, the year should not matter as the mounts were the same thru the years, you can then bolt them back in place or weld them in

do you know what trans and transfer you are going to use?
there is a rear bracket which the mount from the stock bellhousing would go to and the driver side one would go thru the top of the frame.
I’m pairing the 3fe engine with a H55 4 speed manual trans. Working with Spector to get the right flywheel and clutch. Agreed on getting rid of the welded brackets. Have these FJ 40 brackets, but was not sure they work with 3fe :
D7E34FF2-9A51-4B22-9EA2-520F4E5995C0.jpeg

H55 is a 5 speed not 4 speed.
the bracket on the right looks like a front motor mount bracket
the one on the left looks like the passenger side bellhousing mount
if you are using an H55 I'll assume you are going to use a trans crossmember versus the bellhousing mounts.

you might be better off getting this thread moved to the 40 tech section:
as that would be more helpful in these questions, this is the 60/62 tech section.

there are better alternatives than SOR for parts, several vendors support this site and also give good tech on the phone.

Thanks for the assistance. My last prij
H55 is a 5 speed not 4 speed.
the bracket on the right looks like a front motor mount bracket
the one on the left looks like the passenger side bellhousing mount
if you are using an H55 I'll assume you are going to use a trans crossmember versus the bellhousing mounts.

you might be better off getting this thread moved to the 40 tech section:
as that would be more helpful in these questions, this is the 60/62 tech section.

there are better alternatives than SOR for parts, several vendors support this site and also give good tech on the phone

Thanks for the assistance. My last project was a Model T. I have a lot to learn and appreciate the counsel!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom