For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
Rust fixed. Shop quote 1200$, had a local fabricator on Craigslist do it for 400.

0109211358a.jpg

0109211926b_HDR.jpg

That's not bad at all! Nice score, clean up all the rust spots and POR15 it. Fluid film the rest to protect it from future rust
I'm more of a rust bullet guy, por15 is a little too labor intensive to get good adhesion from what I understand. Rust bullet will stick to anything you want it to and everything you don't with much more forgiving prep. Already filled the frame with woolwax and going to hit the underbody with fluid film that arrived today once I wrap up baseline maintenance.

There was a clean looking 05 LX listed outside of Knoxville yesterday with 150k on the clock for $12,000. Sold very quickly. I was messaging with the seller until I asked about rust. Did run a carfax and saw it spent 10 years in Ohio, so likely at least some rust. Someone may have gotten a deal though.

There was a clean looking 05 LX listed outside of Knoxville yesterday with 150k on the clock for $12,000. Sold very quickly. I was messaging with the seller until I asked about rust. Did run a carfax and saw it spent 10 years in Ohio, so likely at least some rust. Someone may have gotten a deal though.
Don't judge a Cruiser by its body. I have no idea how they look so clean with so much rust on the undercarriage. More than likely the buyer is going to be dealing with broken bolts for every repair from here until the junkyard.

No doubt. Felt much better once I saw the carfax, although I wish I didn't spend the $30.
I guess the carfax is cheaper than time/gas to go see most vehicles. When do you pull the trigger on ordering one? Do sellers ever provide it? Thanks in advance.

If i lived back in East TN i would get that fabricator's # and have them do mine even though its not necessarily needed.
I am definitely not an engineer, but I would assume that the fabricated option is better than rust but not as good as "rust free" original?

I am definitely not an engineer, but I would assume that the fabricated option is better than rust but not as good as "rust free" original?
Its almost always better to have a rust free original, but this area can rust out with clean frames as it collects sediment and doesn't have a drain hole in that area. So it rusts out from the inside out.

Essentially this fabricated option is sort of an improvement on the original as it has a drain hole installed.

Last edited:
I guess the carfax is cheaper than time/gas to go see most vehicles. When do you pull the trigger on ordering one? Do sellers ever provide it? Thanks in advance.
That's the first time I've ever bought one. I've had sellers provide them in the past. Only reason I did it this time was because of the price for the year/mileage and the condition of the vehicle in the photos. Already had the service records, I just needed to know about rust. Had the carfax suggested it had been in the South it's entire life, I might been willing to make an offer sight unseen.

That's the first time I've ever bought one. I've had sellers provide them in the past. Only reason I did it this time was because of the price for the year/mileage and the condition of the vehicle in the photos. Already had the service records, I just needed to know about rust. Had the carfax suggested it had been in the South it's entire life, I might been willing to make an offer sight unseen.
What do you consider "the South," for rust purposes? Michigan, no; Florida, yes. But where is the line?

What do you consider "the South," for rust purposes? Michigan, no; Florida, yes. But where is the line?
TN, SC, FL, GA, FL, AL, MS, AR, LA, TX...

Obviously, I wouldn't recommend buying a truck without seeing it in person, or at least having photos of the underside of the truck, but generally, roads in those states aren't seeing much salt.

I only use location to weed out vehicles from other parts of the country that are likely to produce rust. Just because it's been in the South doesn't mean it's rust free. And, there are obviously exceptions from places like Ohio. Just a general rule. You see a lot of "southern" cars that were bought at auction from states in the rust belt.

Recently purchased an 07 LC with 109k for 30k... so I sure hope the market isn’t softening. Wasn’t trilled to spend this kinda money, but I am very happy with the condition of the truck. Would have loved a better service history as there was not a lot of records of maintenance. But it showed to have been loved given the condition of interior/exterior. There were a few dealership services/inspections done at the dealership every so many thousands miles and nothing seemed wrong. Will need to replace TB/WP soon. Did I overspend? Yes prob did... but it was the color and kinda mileage I wanted and had searched for over a year... would you have pulled the trigger!?

30F1D9F6-EE87-4DE4-A47C-E08CE1E9A8D2.jpeg

4E243F5C-BA53-4E12-9A0C-76C47D7EA748.jpeg

6AE60359-3441-407E-AB19-10D0C85D18C3.jpeg

F5068656-FCE2-4B50-A5B0-3FF633A87BA7.jpeg

1D1C936A-C735-4A86-BA7F-9A7BF2678DD6.jpeg

For 30K, I could buy 6 Cruisers at the price I paid for mine. Then I never care if s*** goes wrong I always have parts on hand. Just have to convince the wife...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom