For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
Congrats! That is awesome, and glad to hear it was a smooth transaction. Sorry if my bugging him affected your dealing at all-have had a lot of bizarre interactions dealing with sellers without being in person, and hard to be very trusting unfortunately. Just glad you scored it and I think you got a great deal! Enjoy and will look forward to seeing some pics. Cheers-

Wow thats crazy you 3 were going after the same truck

@rva4x4 thanks!, and you weren’t bugging at all.

Seller was really a stand-up guy. I’ve lost out on a couple rigs recently so just glad it all worked out. And happy to get it from family serving our country.

BYW, I too have had bad experiences with bad sellers. Had one dealer tell me a truck was “great”. We were flying in and he knew timing of our arrival time. We got there and he acted like he didn’t even know were coming. Truck was in back with a dead battery. Tires were junk and brakes were bad. A 2 mile test drive and we were back on the flight home.

That one in VA recently, the Cypress one, the seller was really dodgy. Interesting that it was smoked in. I was going to go check it out for another mud member but got the run around from the seller.

Bought my '06 in June of 2019 with 188k for $15k. I overpaid, my prepurchase inspection turned out to be less than worthless. It's in good shape now but I spent a lot more than I anticipated to get it here and it's still got a little way to go.

Edit: Make that at least 4 mud members who were going after that truck @Lazarus556 haha the guy I was in contact with didn't post in this thread.

I'm glad you got it but I'm definitely a sore loser. I've been looking longer than you. I'm just pissed it was right under my nose down the street and I missed it. Too many thing going on at once to search all day for these trucks. Given the inflated values and demand for these things recently, you got a hell of a deal. But I'm sure you know that already...

I'm glad you got it but I'm definitely a sore loser. I've been looking longer than you. I'm just pissed it was right under my nose down the street and I missed it. Too many thing going on at once to search all day for these trucks. Given the inflated values and demand for these things recently, you got a hell of a deal. But I'm sure you know that already...

Welcome to the club man! I missed out on this one because I drug my feet too long...and it stayed local too. 😬

7700A921-37BE-49B3-9CFD-6E09003DC7AD.jpeg

Welcome to the club man! I missed out on this one because I drug my feet too long...and it stayed local too. 😬

View attachment 2182164

I remember that truck being for sale.

I'm mad I missed out on one for sale in CO. It already had some mods and was in my budget but like you I had too much going on last weekend. :(

October 2018, 188k miles, 1 owner, 2001 lx470. Taken to dealership every 5k-10k miles and did everything lexus recommended.

$7k + tax + DMV at Jeep dealer where owner traded in, they originally had it listed at 14k :confused: but lowered price during a holiday weekend before they sold it at auction. I still have the original posting from the dealer for my records.

Last edited:
October 2018, 188k miles, 1 owner, 2001 lx470. Taken to dealership every 5k-10k miles and did everything lexus recommended.

$7k + tax + DMV at Jeep dealer where owner traded in, they originally had it listed at 14k :confused: but lowered price during a holiday weekend before they sold it at auction. I still have the original posting from the dealer for my records.

You brought it from an auction?

Land Cruiser: 2004, 220k, 1 owner, full dealer service records, Arkansas with zero rust, TB/WP completed 5k prior to purchase.

Originally listed for $10700, negotiated down to $7500 because of: dead spot on fold down DVD player, bad hood struts, missing roof rack component (plastic cover), chipped tail light, heat cracked headlight, and bald tires.

Land Cruiser: 2004, 220k, 1 owner, full dealer service records, Arkansas with zero rust, TB/WP completed 5k prior to purchase.

Originally listed for $10700, negotiated down to $7500 because of: dead spot on fold down DVD player, bad hood struts, missing roof rack component (plastic cover), chipped tail light, heat cracked headlight, and bald tires.
Sold by a Toyota dealership on a trade in

Bought in Sept 2019:
Black 2006 LX w/ 182k, excellent condition
FL 3-owner truck, 70+ service records
Needed TB/WP, hood struts, battery, 3rd row
$12,100 plus shipping to CO

I've been looking for a while in WA and OR, kissed some frogs, finally bought this 2000 LX w 168k for $4500. Older guy, had owned it for 17 years off a lease, was sadly downsizing after wife passed. Did not seem he was hurting for money and just wanted it gone quickly and easily. He posted it for $3900 (!) at midnight without pictures, i didn't see the posting until 10am the next day, wrote immediately thinking I was likely too late.

He posted pictures 10 minutes later saying he'd had a lot of interest and now the first $4500 took it. I wrote him again and said I'd be happy to pay 4500 and he got back to me almost immediately! Saw the truck a little over an hour later, some dings, faded paint, seems like a small exhaust manifold leak, some seeping oil, but drove like a dream, everything I tested worked. Some maintenance history, including timing belt/water pump at 118K. Will be taking it in soon to see how bad it's condition really is.

00I0I_6Q5xpFXafcX_1200x900.jpg
01111_7McEtgeO3f8_1200x900.jpg
00N0N_2qj21SxcVHm_1200x900.jpg

00202_cdHiOAzQvZ3_1200x900.jpg

I've been looking for a while in WA and OR, kissed some frogs, finally bought this 2000 LX w 168k for $4500. Older guy, had owned it for 17 years off a lease, was sadly downsizing after wife passed. Did not seem he was hurting for money and just wanted it gone quickly and easily. He posted it for $3900 (!) at midnight without pictures, i didn't see the posting until 10am the next day, wrote immediately thinking I was likely too late.

He posted pictures 10 minutes later saying he'd had a lot of interest and now the first $4500 took it. I wrote him again and said I'd be happy to pay 4500 and he got back to me almost immediately! Saw the truck a little over an hour later, some dings, faded paint, seems like a small exhaust manifold leak, some seeping oil, but drove like a dream, everything I tested worked. Some maintenance history, including timing belt/water pump at 118K. Will be taking it in soon to see how bad it's condition really is.

At that price, you’ve got a lot of room for bringing it back to life if it needs some help. Good find.

View attachment 2184271View attachment 2184281View attachment 2184272

View attachment 2184273

Ahhh screw you dude! I saw that at midnight and emailed him less than 30 minutes after posted but he never responded. I was checking my email all morning at work but didn’t realize he made another listing bumping the price. Cool to see where it ended up though lol.

Did you get to see it in person? Thing was sweet. I was so early in my search that I didn't realize awesome until it was too late!
Never got to see it myself. I was in the same boat as you. By the time I found it it seemed they had already found a buyer and just waiting for payment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom