For Sale Most recent 100 series prices (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Let’s try this again, prior thread deleted, I assume they want to keep it clean, there was no explation given.

If you have sold a 100 series recently and want to share what you paid with details on truck this will be helpful for potential buyers currently looking.

This thread can be helpful for buyers looking to understand the market and different factors that come into play on pricing.

Please stay on topic!

I recently sold 2004 LX with 176k for 12,500. Truck was 9/10 on condition with full service records. Southern Vehicle no rust.

Last edited:
I recently purchased a 2006 southern owned lx470 with no rust with great documentation (188,000 miles) for $11,500. The only problem was the front seats were deteriorating. I think my purchase may be a few standard deviations below the mean though.

Recently purchased a TX, AZ and NV owned truck. 1998, rare cloth interior, decent service records (folder about 1" thick with receipts) included new Falken AT3W Load E tires (only about 12k on them) in 285/75r16 with an OME 1.5" Medium lift installed by 4WheelParts and WKOR sliders. All else was stock, records included recent DS CV Axle replacement, numerous other replacements, single master key and spare that needs to be programmed.

My purchase price was $9500 which I am now feeling like I paid a bit more for due to issues I am finding. Grinding noise during acceleration between 50mph and 70mph indicates hub flange or axle bearing issues. Hub Flanges are warn and need to be replaced, Heater Ts have never been done, has typical 100 series Diff Clunk (no diff drop bracket installed by 4WheelParts) and has intermittent start issue (starter was replaced with reman'd unit in 2012 by first owner). Other smaller issues like headlight bulbs not being installed properly causing sight line issues, missing fuses, dirty battery electrodes, etc. show that owner I purchased from really did not use truck all that often nor was overly "interested" in general small maintenance, but did do other normal vehicle maintenance.

For me the lack of rust (dealt with that on my 60 series) and included upgrades (lift, tires and sliders) were main purchase factor. Don't feel robbed but there was stuff going on that in my shoes I would have felt uncomfortable not telling the purchaser (I knew about starter only because it did not start the day before I was set to fly down). For me, $500 to $1k less would have been a more agreeable price but again, don't feel like I have been robbed.

When going for these vehicles, do your research on the more common issues. If they are there and have not been taken care of then that is a negotiating point.

Recently purchased a TX, AZ and NV owned truck. 1998, rare cloth interior, decent service records (folder about 1" thick with receipts) included new Falken AT3W Load E tires (only about 12k on them) in 285/75r16 with an OME 1.5" Medium lift installed by 4WheelParts and WKOR sliders. All else was stock, records included recent DS CV Axle replacement, numerous other replacements, single master key and spare that needs to be programmed.

My purchase price was $9500 which I am now feeling like I paid a bit more for due to issues I am finding. Grinding noise during acceleration between 50mph and 70mph indicates hub flange or axle bearing issues. Hub Flanges are warn and need to be replaced, Heater Ts have never been done, has typical 100 series Diff Clunk (no diff drop bracket installed by 4WheelParts) and has intermittent start issue (starter was replaced with reman'd unit in 2012 by first owner). Other smaller issues like headlight bulbs not being installed properly causing sight line issues, missing fuses, dirty battery electrodes, etc. show that owner I purchased from really did not use truck all that often nor was overly "interested" in general small maintenance, but did do other normal vehicle maintenance.

For me the lack of rust (dealt with that on my 60 series) and included upgrades (lift, tires and sliders) were main purchase factor. Don't feel robbed but there was stuff going on that in my shoes I would have felt uncomfortable not telling the purchaser (I knew about starter only because it did not start the day before I was set to fly down). For me, $500 to $1k less would have been a more agreeable price but again, don't feel like I have been robbed.

When going for these vehicles, do your research on the more common issues. If they are there and have not been taken care of then that is a negotiating point.

LC or LX and how many miles on it?

I just picked up a white 1999 with 178k miles in Los Angeles for $9400. It was Toyota Land Cruiser with very little to no surface rust - everything mechanically works but it needed timing belt, water pump, and a new radiator. The seller had close to 15 people reach out and I was second in line. He said he could have easily sold it for $12k - I tend to agree but with that mileage I wouldn’t do it.

2003 LC w- 143k
Good maintenance records from dealer
I offered $9000 sight unseen with seller contingencies in place. He was asking $11,500
Since we agreed to $9K I had to take it, but I would have been a little more comfortable at $8K

Things that needed attention:
Tires
Heater T's/Hoses
Leather on the front seats is cracking
Valve Cover Gaskets leak

Some surface rust on components underneath, nothing drastic for being a midwest car.

Overall, it'll serve as a good daily driver for years to come. I wanted something with lower miles.

2003 LC w- 143k
Good maintenance records from dealer
I offered $9000 sight unseen with seller contingencies in place. He was asking $11,500
Since we agreed to $9K I had to take it, but I would have been a little more comfortable at $8K

Things that needed attention:
Tires
Heater T's/Hoses
Leather on the front seats is cracking
Valve Cover Gaskets leak

Some surface rust on components underneath, nothing drastic for being a midwest car.

Overall, it'll serve as a good daily driver for years to come. I wanted something with lower miles.

WOW that seems like a pretty good deal I think with only 143k miles. I've seen some 2003s with 240k going for that much now.

Last edited:
Thanks I had to commit to it without seeing it so I took a risk. Maybe I should take it to BaT and capitalize?

Kidding...

Your price is called reasonable. There is no reason in much others, congrats.

I just missed a one owner 06 LX from Alabama that was now in virginia. 140k miles in good shape with many maintenance records. $13k. Given the prices I've seen lately I'm still beating my head against the wall that I missed it. Was on craigslist for a day before I saw it. Called the guy and offered him full asking price in cash that day but he wouldn't take it. Had some guy supposedly coming from Ohio to get it. Anyhow a deal waits for no one and another succumbs to the rust belt hell of ohio.

I just missed a one owner 06 LX from Alabama that was now in virginia. 140k miles in good shape with many maintenance records. $13k. Given the prices I've seen lately I'm still beating my head against the wall that I missed it. Was on craigslist for a day before I saw it. Called the guy and offered him full asking price in cash that day but he wouldn't take it. Had some guy supposedly coming from Ohio to get it. Anyhow a deal waits for no one and another succumbs to the rust belt hell of ohio.

Was that a cypress one? Seller was sick and slow to respond but finally admitted was smoked in. That was a deal breaker for me-

That's a REALLY good price if the buyer paid $13k. Someone either didn't know what they had (from a market standpoint), or there's something really wrong with it.

Sorry you missed out on it!

Yeah the one in Chesapeake. I got the same from him. He didn't tell me it was smoked in probably would've been a deal breaker for me as well. I offered him cash asking price the day I talked to him. Then wanted to start a bidding war when herealized the interest he had. He didn't have title in hand. It was kinda fishy to me. He didn't even want me to come look at it that day...I live less than an hour away. I told him to piss off I'm not playing games with him. Bird in the hand is worth to in the bush kinda thing.

Was he gonna take your 13,500?

I offered 13,500 unseen but when he said was smoker vehicle I couldnt do it...

Yeah the one in Chesapeake. I got the same from him. He didn't tell me it was smoked in probably would've been a deal breaker for me as well. I offered him cash asking price the day I talked to him. Then wanted to start a bidding war when herealized the interest he had. He didn't have title in hand. It was kinda fishy to me. He didn't even want me to come look at it that day...I live less than an hour away. I told him to piss off I'm not playing games with him. Bird in the hand is worth to in the bush kinda thing.

Was he gonna take your 13,500?

Oy. Didn't realize it was a smoker's vehicle. Nope, couldn't do it - regardless of price, then. Definitely a deal breaker for me.

Sounds like a shady dude anyway. There's a lot of them out there.

Seemed off too-I texted, called and emailed (amazing what this search does to a man)...and got a vagure reply he was in bed sick and couldn't talk. He said someone was coming to look Saturday and that was about it, so I let it go. Tried telling a few folks here about it I knew were also looking but doubt anyone got it.

Hey All, I bought that LX in VA. Apparently I was the first to get to him. Guy is in the Navy with a kid on the way in April. His wife was very nice too. Really a stand-up guy and held it on my word that I was coming down. He was really sick too and still sick when I got there. I may have caught his cold / flu! He told me about the other offers and held to his word to hold it for me. He told me in advance about it being smoked in. Told me it was by his Dad years ago. I was worried about that. I don’t smoke and I am smoke sensitive and I couldn’t smell any residual nor could my wife. Would have been a deal killer for me too. Everything he told me about the truck is holding true with no surprises. The rear speaker is blown and he told me that. I would have used that to negotiate but I believed him about the other offers which turned out to be true. I paid asking. I haven’t even transferred title yet. Fortunately the weather is holding here. I’ll only drive it on a completely dry day to get it registered and then it will be stored inside for all winters here. Anyway, quite happy. Other than changing out the wheels and tires, plan to keep it stock.
I’ll be heading into the 100 series section of the forum now. 😁

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom