More Progress on the Cruiser Check It (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
So, I'm finally making some good progress on the cruiser I just bought. Here are some more pictures.

The first two pictures show the removed running boards, BFG A/T 285/75 and the roof rack installed.
The last is the new ARB bumper and Mile Marker winch.

Last edited:
green is my favorite color. I still don't see the dent's and scratches yet. Good work. My advice on the ARB is to leave as big a gap as you can tolerate to the fenders then make it a little bigger. That sucker will move when it makes contact with rocks. Also, be sure you have a snatch block for that winch. Can't tell from the pic, but did you keep some recovery points on the front of the frame? Also did you turn the t-bars a few to counter the extra weight of the new gear. If the height of everything is the same as before the new parts you won't need an alignment. Otherwise you will eat through that new rubber in a hurry.

Every Toyota I have had has been green except for my Tundra. Awesome color I agree. I adjusted the torsion bars as soon as I finished but, I'm looking forward to my lift I should get on Saturday. I will get it aligned to day day of install. I kept the two factory points on the front frame rails and agree on the snatch block as well. I'm still wondering about sliders. I might get the basic ARB sliders for now untill I can afford the Slee version. Those things are nice.

Looks great. Nice work!

nice and neat roof rack...how did you attach it to the OEM rack?

Yes, please expand on the roof rack, who made it, and how did you attach it.

One last question. May I please have your roof rack for free (you pay shipping to CO)?

The Defender rack has optional kit that mounts the rack flush to the factory rails. Merly just a hook fits into the center of the rail and sandwiches the new rack to the old rails. Very simple and clean and the re is no need to remove the existing cross rails.

Haahahaa, I'm keeping the rack! JK. Its a Defender rack from 4wheelparts.com. Have them ship to a store near you and prepay. Then there won't be any tax or shipping.

Put 2000 Land Cruiser in the box and you will get it. I believe that the factory rack is the same on the 99&00. Can someone verify?

I just called the 800 number for 4wheelparts.com.

I bought the Mile Marker 9500. Its a cheaper winch but, I haven't seen any negative feedback online about them so, I gave it a shot.

Here are the new HID lights I jusr got. Really easy to install.
IMG00082.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom