Builds Montana 65 FJ45LV "Tin Zen" (2 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Another great find. wow.

If you happen to talk to him, ask if he has the LV rear seat brackets like the pic below. I need both sides. Thanks.

img_7379-1-jpg.2776308
Me too! Rear seat as well! 😉
Just sent him a message, will keep you posted.

Got to give ya credit you waste no time jumping in, just like when ya got that beauty of a 40.

Been really enjoying this one. I lurk here a bit. I have owned 3 LPBs, 3 FJ 40s, and 3 FJ55s. I've owned my 55 for 30 plus years . Saw my first LV when I was 12 in 1966 driving with my dad on the brand new interstate 5 in North Seattle. He called it a Japanese jeep and told me if I tore down the headliner in one it would have 'prince albert' (tobacco cans) printed all over the inside of the roof.

A lot of our dads felt similarly about Japanese products in that time period, especially those that fought in WWII. Some dads were not quite as polite as yours !

Now that I have the correct color and pattern, I contacted two upholstery shops yesterday about making some new seat vinyls and foam. Recieved encouraging news, sounds like they can help with the door cards and floor mats too. Ordering fabric samples this week to begin matching the factory materials as close as possible. I don't have any idea what any of this will cost right now, after material selections I will get a quote on costs. Before talking to these guys again though, I wanted to guage the interest level from the forum about doing a group buy on some of these items. Please advise accordingly. Thanks!

Now that I have the correct color and pattern, I contacted two upholstery shops yesterday about making some new seat vinyls and foam. Recieved encouraging news, sounds like they can help with the door cards and floor mats too. Ordering fabric samples this week to begin matching the factory materials as close as possible. I don't have any idea what any of this will cost right now, after material selections I will get a quote on costs. Before talking to these guys again though, I wanted to guage the interest level from the forum about doing a group buy on some of these items. Please advise accordingly. Thanks!
I may be interested. I still need to locate a rear seat for mine.

It was brought to my attention that SOR sells an interior upholstery set for the LV. Looks to be around $625 for the front, $625 for the rear, and $300 for a set of 4 door vinyls. The SOR kits are not the exact factory pattern or color. I think I will be able to get these made closer to factory specs, but I suspect it's going to cost a bit more than what SOR is selling them for.

Edit: The fine print states that these LV benches came in different sizes and patterns. That's going to be an issue in a group buy. Those who are interested will need to confirm seats sizes before we order.

Last edited:
A lot of the SOR LV stuff has been out of stock for years now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom