Builds Montana 65 FJ45LV "Tin Zen" (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Unfortunately as many of you know I spent several months in the hospital and with mounting bills I decided to sell my LV . I’m still very proud of the build and really happy to have made the cover . I’m sure the new owner will do it justice and take it to the next level.
I wasn't aware of any of this, really sorry to hear this and thanks for sharing. All the very best to you sir.

Unfortunately as many of you know I spent several months in the hospital and with mounting bills I decided to sell my LV . I’m still very proud of the build and really happy to have made the cover . I’m sure the new owner will do it justice and take it to the next level.

I wasn't aware of any of this, really sorry to hear this and thanks for sharing. All the very best to you sir.
I also was not aware of this. Hope the best for you and your family especially through his holiday season.

With just a couple blocks of wood and some hammers, I was able to reclaim a couple inches of my right rear corner last night. Tonight I'll be pulling the tailight bucket for some better access to keep massaging it into shape. First pic is the only "before" pic I had of any value.
Screenshot_20210920-160933_craigslist.jpg
20211202_073135.jpg
20211202_073526.jpg

Lots and lots of cleaning. Found nests in nearly every panel I've removed. Looking less like a superfund cleanup / crime scene with every day that passes.
Pulled the rear bumper too, the iron yard down the road thinks they can straighten it.
20211209_150603.jpg
20211209_142930.jpg
20211209_142938.jpg

Now that I have the correct color and pattern, I contacted two upholstery shops yesterday about making some new seat vinyls and foam. Recieved encouraging news, sounds like they can help with the door cards and floor mats too. Ordering fabric samples this week to begin matching the factory materials as close as possible. I don't have any idea what any of this will cost right now, after material selections I will get a quote on costs. Before talking to these guys again though, I wanted to guage the interest level from the forum about doing a group buy on some of these items. Please advise accordingly. Thanks!
I am intersted.

All the best in a speedy recovery Dale, bummed you had to sell your LV but you can always buy another someday and make it even better! You deserve it

Before I can commit to the upholstery color, I need to pick an interior paint color. I'm unable to find info on that though. I really like what these guys have done with this LV, you can see a little of their interior color too, really sweet. My truck was this exterior color originally and will be again. I called these guys up and discussed the paint colors they used, he was going to check on the interior color for me. He also directed me to this website linked below, it's a really cool archival site I haven't seen before. The pictures below are of their work, period correct Horizontal Blue and Olympic White, all pics of the same car, different lighting.

Screenshot_20211222-161723_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-161909_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-162015_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-162029_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20211222-162056_Instagram.jpg

That was a beautiful build! Think it went over $100,000 to someone in Oklahoma, gonna have to keep my eyes out after I get back there. Maybe race the LV's!

Steve that would be nice!!

Does anyone know the color code for the greyish color in the picture above? I think Lilly white was interior on all of the LV’s? My dash was grey but not sure that color code. Seems as these were all a little different as they were almost hand made..

Does anyone know the color code for the greyish color in the picture above? I think Lilly white was interior on all of the LV’s? My dash was grey but not sure that color code. Seems as these were all a little different as they were almost hand made..
That's a million dollar question. I'm pretty sure all LV's had the same interior color regardless of exterior color. You can see in the pic below, my seat bottom and doors show the original very soft blue interior color. All dashboards were grey. I haven't found a color name or code or formula for the interior. I asked those guys at Elite Landcruisers if they could share their interior paint formula as I liked their resluts, waiting on a response. I also talked to PPG, they need a perfectly flat and unmarred color sample approx 5"×5" in order to try to match, I don't have that.

20211007_171028.jpg

FJ company tried with this interior color, it's close, but I really think that those Elite Landcruiser guys nailed it.
This is FJ Companies attempt.
Screenshot_20211224-112025_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211224-112018_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20211224-112013_Chrome.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom