Modify ARB Bullbar (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Has anyone ever modified a non-winch mount ARB front bumper in order to mount a winch? Would I be better off selling the non-winch and buying the winch mount model?

I have a non-winch that I am going to put a winch on....if you have access to a welder I would keep the non-winch...if not it might be easier to sell it and get the winch model.

I am just adding another 2x4 box stock channel to mount the winch and cutting an opening for some rollers. I am mounting the channel to the fame and not the bumper though...

good luck,
-Al

Al, I don't have access to a welder but your idea sounds like a good one. Which winch do you plan on using?

Nick, I have some local interest in buying my bumper if I decide to sell it. I imagine shipping to Indianna would be expensive. I haven't put 200 miles on the truck since I put the bumper on so it is in really great shape.

well if you dont have a weleder a local welding shop could do it for you CHEAP...if not ya might be able to drill some holes and bolt it up...might be kinda of a pain...

I am trying to get a buddies Warn8000...I know i need a stronger one, but have two cruisers are streaching me too thin, oh and a girlfriend.

let me know if i can help ya out.

-Al

You can modify it providing you have welding skills its not that hard , ive just modded mine to suit a pto winch and i cut and shut it a in a few places to suit .

I raised it up about 5" and set it back about 5" , so it is really snug up front , but i did make custom winch mounts onto the chassis rails not the bar.

I have to just weld in my rollers on top of the bar and my pipe under the head lights , then im done.

Front View , you can just make out the winch drum under the Toyota grill.

mypic54.jpg

Side view in nice and tight.

mypic55.jpg

mypic56.jpg

Nice work Charger! I like the way it is tucked in. Guess I should have gone to trade school and taken welding. I don't have the skills to take on what you have done. Looks good!

Hey Charger,

What color you going to pwder coat it? I wasnt a grey bar and rear bumper instead of the usual black. (My cruiser is also grey)

Looks nice, you think you will have any issues with damage to your body if you hit anything since its so close? I know the bumpers are stout but I wasnt sure with it being that close. Also, are you going to do anything to cover the gap btwn. the grill and bumper?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom