Moab In March (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Yes, it's several months away but I figured I'd throw the word out early to give anyone interested some time to plan.

I will be heading down to Moab for spring break to do some wheeling and camping. The tennative plan is driving down on the 10th, wheeling the 11th-13th and possibly the 14th, and returning on either the 14th or 15th. I'll be running hells revenge, the trifecta (poison spider, golden spike, gold bar rim), and seven-mile rim. The campsite will be out at Area BFE because it is free, away from the crowds, and has a nice night time view.

If anyone is interested in going along to add another vehicle to the group let me know

Ha this is funny. I have been looking at moab this spring but it would be mid april, or early may. Tlca does a big event there every year and it might work into my schedule. Id love to go in march but thats peak busy for me.

Ha this is funny. I have been looking at moab this spring but it would be mid april, or early may. Tlca does a big event there every year and it might work into my schedule. Id love to go in march but thats peak busy for me.
Cruise Moab is always the first week of May... Finals are always the first week of May... Wont be able to go until after I graduate and when that is is anyones guess :hillbilly:

Moab in March is great. Spent last spring break in lockhart basin and the needles district of Canyonlands. Utah might have the most amazing wheeling of anywhere.
IMG_3842.JPG

IMG_3739.JPG

IMG_3837.JPG

IMG_3839(1).JPG

IMG_3783.JPG
IMG_3783.JPG

Literaly just wasted 2 hours watching rigs go up hells gate. Either of you guys done that one? Lol lets see if tom wants to try

I
Literaly just wasted 2 hours watching rigs go up hells gate. Either of you guys done that one? Lol lets see if tom wants to try
I've been on hells revenge and the only other person hadn't done a lot of spotting so I didn't risk it

I have walked up hells gate but have not driven up it. Im planning on doing it this year since Ill have a locker by the time im back down there

Yeah i watched a woman in a bone stock fjc do it like nothing and then everything built like crazy struggle because the spotter screwed them. Looks like fun but 3 pedal would be a bit much without the low low range. Heels revenge itself looks mellowish. Ha dont know if i would do anything that would scare my wife away from ever getting in the car with me ever again ;)

Is that something you do with locker(s)? Just rear?

What trail has that glamour shot @Black798 that the 4runner is parked up on the rock? Thats another picture to check off the list.

Yeah i watched a woman in a bone stock fjc do it like nothing and then everything built like crazy struggle because the spotter screwed them. Looks like fun but 3 pedal would be a bit much without the low low range. Heels revenge itself looks mellowish. Ha dont know if i would do anything that would scare my wife away from ever getting in the car with me ever again ;)

Is that something you do with locker(s)? Just rear?

What trail has that glamour shot @Black798 that the 4runner is parked up on the rock? Thats another picture to check off the list.
You can take a crown Vic through hells revenge, if you take all the easy lines

I showd my wife the vid of the subaru doing it i and said we could do it in hers! She was not impressed. You can make it but im sure its a great way to smoke a cvt in the process.

I showd my wife the vid of the subaru doing it i and said we could do it in hers! She was not impressed. You can make it but im sure its a great way to smoke a cvt in the process.

Hells revenge is a very mellow trail as far as technicality unless you do the optional stuff, I did the whole trail including one of the hot tubs without lockers. It does have a lot of steep inclines and some narrow off camber stuff though The glamour shot was on top of the world. TOTW is pretty mellow as well, just a lot of steps and ledges. The hardest trail I did last time was poison spider mesa but I did all the optional stuff with open diffs without much trouble.

Some more from top of the world
IMG_3061 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_3065 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr
IMG_2832 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

coming out of the hot tub on hells revenge
IMG_2547 by Phoenix Black, on Flickr

I have not looked at tis thread yet so maybe someone already suggested it. But pick your route to go through Salt lake and go tot he cruiser museum for a few hours. If you keep on schedule you can make it then down in to San Rafael Swells and camp there. You can then cut right through that to Moab the next morning. the Swells are every bit as cool as Moab but less people and more "wild'. I would say most of the swells are not technical, for the most part. But I did get in some very technical stuff around Devil Racetrack. So watch where you are traveling out there. But it is all BLM, so you can camp wherever as long as you don't impact the environment.

i just read online that Top of the world is harder now because they had to re-route it? some JK guy says you need 35's and there are no easy ways around the steps but you did it in a 4R on 32's?(thats what they look like to me, not sure what your running) have you heard of this or know what there talking about?

I haven't heard anything about them rerouting it. I ran it last year with 265/70/16s, open diffs, and a 2 inch lift with no issues, I dont think I even hit a skid. The west side of the upper loop is optional but I have heard it is harder. The trail is getting more difficult though because the side by sides are really digging out the ledges due to their really small tires.

I haven't heard anything about them rerouting it. I ran it last year with 265/70/16s, open diffs, and a 2 inch lift with no issues, I dont think I even hit a skid. The west side of the upper loop is optional but I have heard it is harder. The trail is getting more difficult though because the side by sides are really digging out the ledges due to their really small tires.

they said something about how they made it so the optional route was the only route allowed now because of vandalism. IDK it was one review on one site, i cant even remember where it was now. But i read it on the internet so it must be true!

Am i the only one that gets more annoyed at the SXS guys every time i think about them..

they said something about how they made it so the optional route was the only route allowed now because of vandalism. IDK it was one review on one site, i cant even remember where it was now. But i read it on the internet so it must be true!

Am I the only one that gets more annoyed at the SXS guys every time i think about them..

Unless they changed it in the last few months I don't think that's true. I looked last night and couldn't find any recent reports indicating they changed the trail.

You aren't the only one that hates the side by sides. They tear up the trails, are loud, kick up lots of dust, and generally the people driving them have zero consideration for anyone else using the trail. Moab is crawling with them and they are pretty annoying. Personally, Id love one for bombing through the dunes, but they are not suited for rock crawling... they dont have the gearing and just seem unstable

put me down as a maybe. I don't know what my work schedule will be like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom