Events/Trails MOAB in a LC200 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
First time I've had this truck out on the trails. It did fantastic. The Icon suspension was dialed in perfectly. Very impressed. We beat the hell out of it and it did everything we asked it to. We even took it on some of the 'difficult catagory' trails with no issues.
Pulled a Patriot Camper with 4 kiddos and the wife for 2000mi from Oklahoma to Moab at 80mph on the highway. It was just as good on the road as it was off. Great vehicles. I'm impressed. Great trip. We will be back for sure.

IMG_0682.JPG

fullsizeoutput_8a6e.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8a75.jpeg

IMG_1094.JPG

IMG_1113.JPG

Great photos, thanks for sharing! Looks like at least one of those shots is from Fins- how was that trail with your setup? Any rear bumper scrapes?

Looks like at least one of those shots is from Fins- how was that trail with your setup? Any rear bumper scrapes?

Heh. Was thinking same about rear scrape on Fins.
Here’s the main rear-bumper scrape spot from that trail:

Scrape in Photo 3: :steer:
(Photos by @indycole )
CE4EC139-3715-4458-B59F-073E0FE5BBFD.jpeg
0E25F2A9-12EF-467C-8EE6-09B4776EA0BE.jpeg
010198C0-562A-476B-AA4A-26984F4E5353.jpeg

Rattle-can ready! :hillbilly:

Taking my lifted 200 out there next week. How do you think I'll do with stock bumpers front and rear? I did Fins last year in a rented J**p and didn't want to try out my approach and departure angles in my LC.

Ran Fins & Things today with our 200. Made a few bad lines and brought the @sleeoffroad rear bumper down firmly on some rocks. Scratched the paint but that’s all.

I ran it on Easter with the jeep safari. We went up and down every item the jeeps did without much drama. Did scrape the rear on one descent and had to bypass one climb due to the approach. i think I could have made it by grinding my front tow hooks up the rock but didn't. Also banged the passenger slider on one rocky uphill. Another 200 with us bent up his running board on the same climb.

Did Fins yesterday. Here is my bumper damage. The hitch took a shot, and there's a nice dent underneath on the muffler.

B96E205D-7D03-40C0-962C-A9932E7CA64C.jpeg

I’m getting to Moab the evening of Oct 3rd and will be there till Thursday. If anyone happens to be there message me to run a trail.
10483906-0D6A-4B2F-9B22-B122DC9CEEE1.jpeg

Very nice. We did Fins N' Things and then an overnight on White Rim thus summer, right after the LCDC. I'm itching to go back, maybe in the spring.

As @Markuson points out, everyone drags their rear on that drop on FNT. I have the same scrapes (and muffler dent) as @vabluefish. I do think having the spare under the truck instead of on a rear swingout actually saves you from more damage as the flexible tire sidewall absorbs some of the impact. I actually felt like this obstacle was the sketchiest thing on Fins, mostly because (a) there's a hole at the top you have to straddle (but can't see), and (b) there's a decent drop at the end. Made it through w/o issue though.

I ended up leading a couple stock Jeeps through the first part of Fins as they couldn't find the right lines to save their lives.

1632923496014.png

1632923471060.png

1632923576473.png

I know the original thread is a couple years old, but it is still relevant I think.

I did FnT (the whole trail) a couple months ago on essentially a stock 200 with 33" tires ( I do have a small lift but I had a bunch of weight in the back effectively negating any lift I normally had).

I don't remember scraping at this obstacle, although I did scrape the rear bumper plastic a bit in other areas. We spent several minutes trying to estimate the best line, and what I did was go down starting wide at about a 45 degree angle (from the outside to the inside). I was off camber a bit for sure, but with the long wheelbase and relatively short decent I was never in any danger of tipping. Worked well.

Couple pictures here:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom