MOAB 2018!!! (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

my race radio is programmable in business and amateur bands.
The handhelds are also programmed in the same bands, as well as GMRS\FRS. (Yes, the venerable Baoufeng \ Chinese radio project)
do we want to use MURS, or some of the local race frequencies, or in the HAM band?

(I have programming cables, but MURS is probably open as its not the weekend and summer)
Steve, i have spare Mics. Let me know what type to bring.

We usually use 146.460 and as secondary 146.400

I'll see your Ham and raise you three china BOMBS!!!
20180911_100537.jpg

You know my luck Roger! Now if I could only teach the wife to jump out of the truck like nascar jumps over the wall for tire changes!!

I feel your pain.
I had to replace a Michelin on Thunder (The Wonder truck).
3 out of 4 failing with tread separation.. Its rare but any vendor can make a lemon.

The Yota Toter has Carlisle; and not made in China.. French rubber from SE Asia... I am taking three spares..

BTW, pack an electric impact, a really good bottle jack, and flares. That way you will not have a failure. (Forget any one of these, and POP goes the weasel)

Running load range D's on mine, with two mounted spares, and a 3rd unmounted. 1.5 ton lightweight jack. 5 ton bottle jack. Spare ubolts. Two lug wrenches and 20volt small impact (kinda a stretch to call it an impact).

My big fear is bearings or brakes. Everything greased with a few new Tang washers, but still - long drive.

What route are you taking. We should probably have yet another group message with cell #'s in case we're on same route, break down and can notify someone yet to pass.....

I'm going out through Denver but haven't decided on whether to cut over in GA or TN. Recommendations?

We are also going 70 through CO.
Running real tires, Goodyear G614 G range. Also have 3 spares, electric impact and a 20 ton jack. Not having a couple of wagons on the load we will be lighter so hopefully will not have issues.

I'm goig out 40 then thru Denver to see our son. Leaving tomorrow a.m.. Nashville to St. Louie.

Just curious . Avoiding i40, to bypass Dallas ft worth and Memphis?
Better truck stops? Better coffee?
( it's not a pretty drive, east Texas, Ar-Kansas and memphis.... did it once. Not a fan..)

Thank God for good neighbors !

20180911_205422.jpg

Only took 10 days to ship from Sparks, NV.

Fun new toy.

Hope to be loaded and on the road by 10 tmmrw. Will be hard pressed to resist a quick paddle out, epic swell filling in from the storm....

IMG_20180912_073756325_BURST000_COVER_TOP.jpg

IMG_20180912_073747588.jpg

Approaching Saint Louie!
20180912_173955.jpg

did not realize the migration had begun, yippee!!! Can NOT wait.

Delivered my truck Tuesday to Rogers so just need to hop a plane tomorrow.

Now, to the douche in an FJ80 with a roof rack going south on I24 b/w the GA/TN boarder and Chattanooga on Tuesday afternoon... If that was you GET THE **** OUT OF THE LEFT LANE!!!!! How can you possibly sit next to an 18 wheeler for that long and not pass him I'll never know. :bang:

Last edited:
Count your blessings your not out here on the mean streets! Bunch of idiots. Unsecured load and over tire ratinging I'm sure. Probably under infated also.
20180913_144009.jpg

gotta have wud to make shine.... and them tarz is gud.

Almost had a nervous breakdown getting out if work, but for better or worse, it's over.

Actually looking forward to the drive. Anything but work.

Be safe on the roads guys and if your name is @HENDOG try to keep it under 90 and preserve them trailer tars.

Tota toter, lil truck and Thunder are loaded.
Half day work tomorrow, hit the road around noon.

Yes. I am so looking forward to the me time on the road.
Just the rumble of the muffler delete, and a large SSD full of music for the head unit.

Apologies to Jerry Reed...

West bound, and down
Loaded up and truckin..
We're gonna wheel what they say can't be done..
We got long way to go, and a short time to get there.
I'm rollin coal, just watch ol thunder run..

pulled from the book of faces, pic taken yesterday afternoon. I think Spanky and Roger left late yesterday, can you say 84 feet...

I'm outta here!!!

41755171_10216913956824085_3035508255737511936_n.jpg

I will likely be ready to hit the road right around rush hour. So more than likely I'll just take my time getting things together and leave out after 6 or 7, just to avoid some traffic. All I have to do is fuel up on my way home (yes, I drove the semi to work today), grab some groceries for the road trip and pack some clothes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom