Mmmm, SWB

Discussion in 'FJ45 Owners Club' started by foxfab, Aug 1, 2005.

1. foxfab

foxfab

Media:
  2. 65swb45

65swb45 Elder Statesman Supporting Vendor

You are gonna need a bigger trailer AND a bigger yard. :D

And then there's the fleet rate insurance. :doh:

3. zebrabeefj40

zebrabeefj40

4. Living in the Past

Living in the Past SILVER Star

Nice looking truck but original it's not, unless they were installing corvette 327s and mag wheels in 1964. Unless he has the original engine it will never go back to original with the engine number stamped on the VIN plate. That's the problem with my 45, 2F engine in it. So when I restore it I'm not looking to go original.

John

5. fjwagon

fjwagon

:) Regardless of it not being original.....it would make a nice project. They were thinking dollar signs when they wrote the add.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2005
  6. Living in the Past

Living in the Past SILVER Star

No one said it wasn't a nice truck and would make a nice project and probably worth five grand. I just said it was being advertised as original when it's not. Front and rear bumper are not stock and the rear view mirror is not original either. How much more else is not original, seats, steering? I bought my first cruiser in 1974 and I'm not worried about someone selling me something it isn't. But a lot of buyers are first timers and don't really know what they are looking at. I just like truth in advertising. When someone says original I would hope it is at least close to original. I've bought four FJ25s in a effort to restore one to original and still looking for parts. So if I say it's original it will be.

John

7. foxfab

foxfab

Media:
    I guess I'm just used to rusted out POS trucks in new england that still sell for $5000. :crybaby:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.