Mmmm, SWB (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Website
www.yankeetoys.org
00414213603.jpg

http://adcache.collectorcartraderonline.com/10/4/6/80172446.htm

He says $5000???? Too good to be true. Wish it were a removable top.

You are gonna need a bigger trailer AND a bigger yard. :D

And then there's the fleet rate insurance. :doh:

Nice looking truck but original it's not, unless they were installing corvette 327s and mag wheels in 1964. Unless he has the original engine it will never go back to original with the engine number stamped on the VIN plate. That's the problem with my 45, 2F engine in it. So when I restore it I'm not looking to go original.

John

:) Regardless of it not being original.....it would make a nice project. They were thinking dollar signs when they wrote the add.

Living in the Past said:
Nice looking truck but original it's not, unless they were installing corvette 327s and mag wheels in 1964. Unless he has the original engine it will never go back to original with the engine number stamped on the VIN plate. That's the problem with my 45, 2F engine in it. So when I restore it I'm not looking to go original.

John

Last edited:
No one said it wasn't a nice truck and would make a nice project and probably worth five grand. I just said it was being advertised as original when it's not. Front and rear bumper are not stock and the rear view mirror is not original either. How much more else is not original, seats, steering? I bought my first cruiser in 1974 and I'm not worried about someone selling me something it isn't. But a lot of buyers are first timers and don't really know what they are looking at. I just like truth in advertising. When someone says original I would hope it is at least close to original. I've bought four FJ25s in a effort to restore one to original and still looking for parts. So if I say it's original it will be.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom