ML sub on 2002 LX question (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Previous owner replaced my sub with a kicker brand or something. Housing is still there but when I bought the car, the connector to the sub was disconnected. I connected it and now when playing music, the sound goes dead for a second and comes back often. I have to think the ohms are mismatched? Any ideas? Can anybody tell me definitively which speaker I need to buy to stick in my sub housing to make it work? I’m no audiophile, I just want to have some bass and not lose sound constantly.

Thank you.

Previous owner replaced my sub with a kicker brand or something. Housing is still there but when I bought the car, the connector to the sub was disconnected. I connected it and now when playing music, the sound goes dead for a second and comes back often. I have to think the ohms are mismatched? Any ideas? Can anybody tell me definitively which speaker I need to buy to stick in my sub housing to make it work? I’m no audiophile, I just want to have some bass and not lose sound constantly.

Thank you.

It should work, regardless. Check the pos and neg connections. The kicker sub may have been blown as well.

Diagram in this thread shows how someone did it with with a dvc 4 ohm driver and two 8 ohm resistors wired in parallel to match the ohms output of the factory amp.

Challenge may be finding a dvc 6.5 sub that fits the depth reqs is the factory enclosure.
Is it 2.75 like the Landcruiser’s?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom