Minimal lift, leveling, 285/65/18 setup (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
My 2016 200 just his 100k miles and I need new tires.

Bone stock with no plans to add anything. No bumpers, moderate loads, mostly just myself commuting. Sometimes loaded with kids. Sometimes loaded with a few adults.

I’m putting 285/65/18 KO2s on them and have questions about OME suspensions, maybe spacers too.

Has anyone in stalled their EK1501E1 kit?

Looks like 1” up front and a 1/2” drop in the rear.

How about their EK1501A1 kit? 2” upfront and 1/2” drop in the rear?

Will that level it well? Will it give it better on and off road handling? How about towing? Do these kits handle small bumper pulled trailers we’ll? Stock definitely sags when trailering. I’m not looking to take it off-road much and like the fairly stock look.

Apologies if I’ve missed threads that discuss this, I searched for a few hours.

Last edited:
Keep your current stock setup and add the OEM 1/2 inch spacers to the front.

Here's a pretty good thread to get you started:

My 2016 200 just his 100k miles and I need new tires.

Bone stock with no plans to add anything. No bumpers, moderate loads, mostly just myself commuting. Sometimes loaded with kids. Sometimes loaded with a few adults.

I’m putting 285/65/18 KO2s on them and have questions about OME suspensions, maybe spacers too.

Has anyone in stalled their EK1501E1 kit?

Looks like 1” up front and a 1/2” drop in the rear.

How about their EK1501A1 kit? 2” upfront and 1/2” drop in the rear?

Will that level it well? Will it give it better on and off road handling? How about towing? Do these kits handle small bumper pulled trailers we’ll? Stock definitely sags when trailering. I’m not looking to take it off-road much and like the fairly stock look.

Apologies if I’ve missed threads that discuss this, I searched for a few hours.
Just curious, but why are you getting KO2 if you don’t plan on off-roading? If you’re mainly on pavement 95-99% of the time, a revo3 would be a much better option. Just my .02

Just curious, but why are you getting KO2 if you don’t plan on off-roading? If you’re mainly on pavement 95-99% of the time, a revo3 would be a much better option. Just my .02
Or any of the P-Rated ATs at least.

Thanks for the spacer thread, that’s awesome.

I’ve had KO2s on my ‘03 4Runner and my ‘99 100 series, I like them, that’s the only reason. Legit snow rating too.

Not sure about you, but i am planning on keep my LC200 stock except for taller (skinny) tires…Michelin LTX Trail 265/70/18 (33” tire). I am still being a chickensh!t and just doing my research before jumping. But hey if you take the jump first… :D

Thanks for the spacer thread, Not sure about you, but i am planning on keep my LC200 stock except for taller (skinny) tires…Michelin LTX Trail 265/70/18 (33” tire). I am still being a chickensh!t and just doing my research before jumping. But hey if you take the jump first… :D
what wheels are you running? I have Heritage wheels and not even sure I should do 275’s. I am sure they will be ok but I feel like someone on this forum was against it based on safety reason

Not sure about you, but i am planning on keep my LC200 stock except for taller (skinny) tires…Michelin LTX Trail 265/70/18 (33” tire). I am still being a chickensh!t and just doing my research before jumping. But hey if you take the jump first… :D
I’m with you. I like the stock/sleeper look. As a daily driver, the extra weight of bumpers/racks/etc isn’t for me, plus, I like the clean look. Leveling and tires and I’ll consider her “built.”

what wheels are you running? I have Heritage wheels and not even sure I should do 275’s. I am sure they will be ok but I feel like someone on this forum was against it based on safety reason
My LC is 2019. Stock rims. 8” rim. LTX Trail 265/70/18 recommended rim width is 7”-9”…..so that makes my stock rims perfect?? LTX Trail tread width is narrow (only 7.9“) though which worries me some…definitely going from fat to skinny tire.

Somehow, i cannot get LTX Trail out of my head. It almost seems like the perfect AT tire for us 90% on-road / 10% off-road.

My LC is 2019. Stock rims. 8” rim. LTX Trail 265/70/18 recommended rim width is 7”-9”…..so that makes my stock rims perfect?? LTX Trail tread width is narrow (only 7.9“) though which worries me some…definitely going from fat to skinny tire.

Somehow, i cannot get LTX Trail out of my head. It almost seems like the perfect AT tire for us 90% on-road / 10% off-road.
I looked at the LTX to use as my summer road trip tire but couldn’t get passed the sidewall look. I know the LTX is a great tire but the Revo3 speaks to me more thanks to its half decent sidewall design with what appears to be a good highway tire will a blend of light A/T use for fire roads and gravel. The tire shop guy who runs the A/T grabber said it’s a quiet tire and never had issues on forestry roads where he goes hunting.

I looked at the LTX to use as my summer road trip tire but couldn’t get passed the sidewall look. I know the LTX is a great tire but the Revo3 speaks to me more thanks to its half decent sidewall design with what appears to be a good highway tire will a blend of light A/T use for fire roads and gravel. The tire shop guy who runs the A/T grabber said it’s a quiet tire and never had issues on forestry roads where he goes hunting.
For me, unless something change and after hearing straight from Michelin rep: New Michelin AT tire? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-michelin-at-tire.1281379/page-5#post-14586426

I am 90.1% gonna go with LTX Trail once my current KO2 wears out. (My KO2s still have quite a bit of life left at 42k miles.)

For me, unless something change and after hearing straight from Michelin rep: New Michelin AT tire? - https://forum.ih8mud.com/threads/new-michelin-at-tire.1281379/page-5#post-14586426

I am 90.1% gonna go with LTX Trail once my current KO2 wears out. (My KO2s still have quite a bit of life left at 42k miles.)
I see you’re referring to the LTX trail. I didn’t see that serious available in the U.S but I would take a hard look at it in the size I want which is unlikely. 275 is the skinniest I’d go on a Land Cruiser. Take some photos when you get it, curious to see how it looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom