Min truck steer box ? (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Min truck steer box fitting size?
The info I am finding is 17 MMI x 1.5 and 16 MM x 1.5 for any of the fittings I find have an o ring on the end. Sorry if this is already been discussed

I just went through this myself. Maybe I have an odd gear box. My sizes were 16 x 1.5 for the high pressure inlet and 14 x 1.5 for the low pressure. I went with AN fitting adapters. They are there. I couldn't use any with the o ring style. Needed the recessed bevel kind. Do a thorough internet search. Use steel for the high pressure side. Aluminum OK for low pressure side. Can't remember exactly where I found mine. If needed I can look it up.

I just went through this myself. Maybe I have an odd gear box. My sizes were 16 x 1.5 for the high pressure inlet and 14 x 1.5 for the low pressure. I went with AN fitting adapters. They are there. I couldn't use any with the o ring style. Needed the recessed bevel kind. Do a thorough internet search. Use steel for the high pressure side. Aluminum OK for low pressure side. Can't remember exactly where I found mine. If needed I can look it up.
I think your box is normal 16 and 14. I bought a box of 14 MM by 1.5 brake line fittings to check and it fell right into the hole on both high pressure and low pressure side. It looks like mine is the bevel set up as well. Visually it looks like 16mm both ports

Mine were visibly different. Obvious one was smaller than the other. An o ring fitting can be made to fit the recessed version with a countersink pretty easily.

Thank you all the answered. Both fittings on my mini box or 16 mm inverted flare

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom