Milwaukee string trimmer (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

MoJ

Threads
Any experience with Milwaukee string trimmers? Online reviews are mixed. I have multiple cordless Milwaukee tools and batteries so ideally I’d like to stay with the same platform.

So far no problems, love that it's cordless as we have tons of M18 batteries.
No more generator noise on our off grid property.

Reactions: MoJ
I've got one. Bought it mostly so I could put hedge/polesaw attachments on it. Trimmer is ok but nothing special. Not sure what max line size is but the thin line it comes with doesn't last long. Overall the trimmer attachment doesn't seem to be up to Milwaukee quality.

I bought the fuel brushless version and I will never go back to gas again. I had a stihl trimmer that I wouldn't start after a few years of giving me issues and I got so frustrated I went to homedepot and bought the Milwaukee trimmer. I am thoroughly impressed. The string that comes with it doesn't last very long like others have mentioned but that was a quick change.

I have the M18 trimmer, my only complaint is it can chew through batteries pretty quickly if you have a lot of stuff to trim. I plan on getting the edger attachment one of these days.

I have the M18 trimmer, my only complaint is it can chew through batteries pretty quickly if you have a lot of stuff to trim. I plan on getting the edger attachment one of these days.
Thanks. Which battery do you use? I have a few fresh 6 amp hour batts that I thought might work well.

Also have an older Echo 58v trimmer which I go to over the new Milwaukee or the even my old Stihl gas trimmer. I've got a lot of Milwaukee 18v Fuel tools which are impressive but the trimmer just ain't got it IMHO. Try before you buy or at least be able to return.

And I have an island too - but I burn it!

Thanks. Which battery do you use? I have a few fresh 6 amp hour batts that I thought might work well.

Just the normal 5's. I have a 0.20 acre lot and normally don't go through an entire battery, but there have been a few times when there was a lot of crap to go through where I used two full batteries.

If you want the trimmer to put out anything resembling decent power you've got to use the big, high-AH batteries. Nothing under 9ah, ideally the 12ah option. The lower ah batteries will "work," but will offer virtually no power. Same thing with Milwaukee's chainsaw.

I've always thought that ah was purely the capacity (ie. runtime) and shouldn't affect power, but it does, and in a big way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom