Mild one-day trails in southwest Utah (specifically Zion) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Hey all,

Got a stock 100 that I'd like to actually use a little bit - I'll be in Zion for a few days this month and have an afternoon to explore the surrounding areas but I'm extremely novice in all of this. Anyone got some suggestions for some mild trails I can take it on? I was thinking of going up to Eagle's Crag and maybe out on Gooseberry Mesa, but I'm pretty sure those are just dirt roads (I can handle a wee bit more than that, I hope...)

Thanks!

The Barracks Trail is pretty nice and scenic (on the north side), suitable for a stock 100. It's mostly mild BUT with 2-3 areas I wouldn't recommend for an "extreme novice." So, either turn around at that point or find somebody experienced to go with you. Be sure to air down and have a way to air up.

The barracks is a fun trail for sure. Research it because I forget what direction to take. One way is easier than the other due to some sandy hill climbs. Or so I have been told.

There is also coral pink sand dunes state park and the surrounding BLM that is full of jeep trails, just watch out for all the side by sides.

Check out the honeymoon cliff trail, that would be a good one for you.

Than there is also the Toquerville falls trail.

You could also explore the Babylon area in the Red Cliffs Reserve.

And don't forget about the hundreds of miles of blm trails all around the area.

I would avoid any trips to the high country/NFS land because it will still be full of mud and snow/snow drifts.

goodluck

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom