Metric Bolt sizes needed (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I am looking to install A/C in my BJ60 and am looking to confirm the size of metric bolts that should be used to mount the condenser to the engine block. Does anyone know the correct size of hex head metric bolts I need? I have been told M10x50 or M12x50. Also where would you recommend purchasing these online?

I am using the same approach as this thread:
https://forum.ih8mud.com/diesel-tech-24-volts-systems/783985-ac-3b.html

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks

I've purchased numerous times from nutsandbolts.com. I like them. They also stock JIS (Japanese Industrial Standard) flange nuts & bolts. JIS has smaller head size than ISO Metric bolts, which is what you'll find in most US hardware stores.

I have access to several good large fastener places near me and know the guys. They will usually figure it out for me and cut a deal on the hardware.

Otherwise I end up at Ace hardware and can usually make it work. However my junk is a hack job compared to most on this board.

I doubt you have the same resources in Haiti like you have in the US market...

OP...I assume you just misstated...the condenser mounts to the radiator core...not to the engine. Probably just meant to say compressor to the engine block. Assume you have the right brackets and pulleys to make it work?

Probably get a faster answer to this question by posting over in the diesel section.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom