Method mr316 17x8.5 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I’m trying to find a good wheel to replace my stock 20’s when the time comes for new tires.

The method 316 (mr316) appears like a good candidate but I can’t figure out why no one uses them…I can’t find them on any land cruisers or lx570’s.

They’re 24.7 lbs (comparable to a rock warrior), have a 110.5 hub bore, a 2650 lb weight rating, and a zero offset.

From what I can tell a zero offset works with a 285 70 r17 without modifications to the vehicle.

With c load rating k02’s, the wheel and tire package approximates the weight that tundras and land cruisers seem to be stock (76 lbs).

Am I missing something as to why this isn’t a more popular option? They’re slightly lighter than evo corse and less than half the price.

FD70FD63-4024-4411-B0DE-9337A9FF0513.jpeg

Another new thread?

You are not even responding to my comments that you are trawling all of my recommendations from.

Zero is 60mm less offset that stock. Typically the offset is decreased with tire diameter to track scrub radius, with around 35mm for 35” tires.
You can run a zero, many have and it’s pretty easy to find those posts.
Almost never with such a small tire though. Your scrub radius will be like 50mm out.
If you want the poke or rock it and need the tire for rub protection zero is a solution.
The reason there is a zero on the market is for lifted Tundras, where poke and matching scrub to a four or six inch bracket lift are things.

Zero is 60mm less offset that stock. Typically the offset is decreased with tire diameter to track scrub radius, with around 35mm for 35” tires.
You can run a zero, many have and it’s pretty easy to find those posts.
Almost never with such a small tire though. Your scrub radius will be like 50mm out.
If you want the poke or rock it and need the tire for rub protection zero is a solution.
The reason there is a zero on the market is for lifted Tundras, where poke and matching scrub to a four or six inch bracket lift are things.
I see a lot of people locally that run tires really far outside their fenders…mostly wranglers and big pickups.

What would be the downside to that zero offset, other than dirt being thrown onto the sides of a vehicle?

I imagine tires too close together would cause a vehicle to get squirrely and turn too fast…should one expect tires further out to be less squirrely and turn slower?

I see a lot of people locally that run tires really far outside their fenders…mostly wranglers and big pickups.

What would be the downside to that zero offset, other than dirt being thrown onto the sides of a vehicle?

I imagine tires too close together would cause a vehicle to get squirrely and turn too fast…should one expect tires further out to be less squirrely and turn slower?

I don’t think you actually want advice, just confirmation of your choices. This is textbook professional consultation headache.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom