Metaltech Group Buy Sliders 100 & LX470 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@MT4x4 what are your thoughts on tack welding sliders to the frame?? A very reputable off-road shop recommended that.
Hi Sammy,

As you know there are many thoughts on the subject. Here are mine.

They way we design our sliders you do not have to weld them on obviously. In terms of strength, bolts when specified correctly, are very strong. Thats how our vehicles are held together. They also provide a level of convenience when it comes to service. Not every customer has a welder. Not every welder is consistent with their quality of welds, their quality of penetration, their quality of surface prep, their quality of surface finish.

Bolts tend to be much more consistent. So as a manufacturer we want a consistent level of strength for the product for the customer and a level of convenience for the install and service. Bolt on sliders are the logical solution to accommodate the vast majority of customers.

Our sliders are built to bear the weight of the truck, meaning, they are designed to take a hard drop, used as a hi-lift jack point, take impacts against obstacles, and most importantly protect the vehicle. You could absolutely weld on our sliders if you so choose. We can't stop you from that at all, yay freedom!

There is also another thought on the metallurgy and what changes when something is welded to a thermoformed chassis as well as rust/corrosion prevention long term. I won't go into that for the sake of time.

If you have a great shop with skilled welders, absolutely go for it, but its not a mission critical factor for the performance of the product.

I hope this helps! Great question!

-Chris

Very much assuming these should not be in contact with the body...? Don’t know what adjustments I could possibly make sicnce its in its lowest position

DFB4D315-86B8-469E-BC82-A0187BF8D3E9.jpeg

C4FB07DD-73F0-4DD0-8954-E8039AB928AA.jpeg

3E656B63-FE9C-419A-B999-1BBB501A9092.jpeg

Been super-excited since I got my shipping notice last week and the sliders arrived today. Got set up on the passenger side, got the u-bolts where I wanted ‘em, went to put the nuts on - only to discover they shipped me the wrong nuts. Thread pitch was different from bolts on all of them.

Called MT, and they said they had someone call yesterday with same issue and they’re sending me new ones. I would go to Fastenal but they’re closed until Monday.

No biggie on my end; MT’s customer service has been great. Apparently they are using new u-bolts and they accidentally sent me the old nuts. Not mad, just posting because you may want to check yours BEFORE getting them mounted up and in position...

View attachment 1743511
Been super-excited since I got my shipping notice last week and the sliders arrived today. Got set up on the passenger side, got the u-bolts where I wanted ‘em, went to put the nuts on - only to discover they shipped me the wrong nuts. Thread pitch was different from bolts on all of them.

Called MT, and they said they had someone call yesterday with same issue and they’re sending me new ones. I would go to Fastenal but they’re closed until Monday.

No biggie on my end; MT’s customer service has been great. Apparently they are using new u-bolts and they accidentally sent me the old nuts. Not mad, just posting because you may want to check yours BEFORE getting them mounted up and in position...

Really sorry about that! Yes please contact us if your slider nuts are not correct and we will send you new ones. 503-822-1111 or info@metaltech4x4.com Thank you!

-Chris

View attachment 1743511

Haha yeah that was me, I too went to Home Depot and got some new ones. All good and they look awesome mounted up!

Glad it was sorted out. Please don't ever hesitate to contact us if you need something or are missing some hardware. We are always happy to take care of our customers and get you what you need as quick as possible. Thank you all for your support! We have some more good things in store for the 100 Series in the future! ;)

One of my boxes got exploded during transit and the hardware kit was missing. Shot a quick email to customer support and they are were quick to respond, Thanks again!

Jealous of all these great looking sliders! I will definitely be getting myself a pair at some point in the future. Note to self - use FedEx for any packages I need to ship from now on:)

Is this GB still going on?

Installed mine today. I recd wrong sized nuts however I was able to source correct ones from a HW store. Seems like a solid product and the install was about 1 hour but I did need to remove front mud flaps.
20180823_155048-M.jpg

20180823_155454-M.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom