Mercedes Sprinter wheels on Cruiser?? (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I work for a van building company, and we have piles of Mercedes sprinter van brand new take offs steel wheels. 6x130 pattern. They are free to me if I can fit them on my 100 series but the only adapter I can find is 5x150 to 6x135. Has anyone put Mercedes wheels on a 100 series?

They are powdercoated black steelies which I like the look of and have brand new Michelin ATs on them, slightly bigger tire than my stocks. I figured with the lack of cheap wheels for the 100 series I want the steelie look, for $200 for adapters I could have a brand new set of tires and rims.

It may be worth contacting Bora to see if they'd make you a one-off of the adapter you want.

They are powdercoated black steelies which I like the look of and have brand new Michelin ATs on them, slightly bigger tire than my stocks. I figured with the lack of cheap wheels for the 100 series I want the steelie look, for $200 for adapters I could have a brand new set of tires and rims.
Would they let you just take off the tires? put tires on 100 series specific rims. Wheel vibrations are a real b!tch to deal with and no free wheels are worth dealing with them.

Reach out to Customwheeladapters.com. I was using them when I was doing a T1N sprinter 4x4 conversion using Ford Dana 60 axle and would need a custom adapter in the rear to fit the 8x170's on the sprinter axle.

The Sprinter wheels use thick steel and are super strong so not a bad way to go if using for serious trail work.

Just remember to get a quote for hubcentric adapters and not the standards.

Center bore is too small on those wheels. You would need like a 3-4" adapter (the height of the front hub).

Center bore is too small on those wheels. You would need like a 3-4" adapter (the height of the front hub).
a 4" adapter will net you an amazingly poor scrub radius :(

Dude - how much heavier are those wheels than an oem? Additional and likely unnecessary rotational inertia kills brakes and the extra weight decreases acceleration and mpgs by more than most people will believe.

Tundra take offs are cheap and the correct pattern 5x150…. I wouldn’t add adapters as a possible failure point.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom