Events/Trails Memorial Day (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Post up pics of your Memorial Day Adventures.

IMG_2330.JPG

This was our first camping trip of the season, I've done a float trip, but this was the first car-camping trip of the year.

P1050451.JPG

Headed out south of Juniper Mountain, Red Canyon was our destination. The BJ did well, filled up in Boise and had about 3/8's of a tank left when we returned to Boise.

P1050464.JPG

View from camp:

P1050480.JPG

Last edited:
Where is this at? Google isn't helping, and I am new to the area, so pointers to the route would be appreciated.

I've been looking for places to motivate me to explore around Boise; one direction is south towards Silver City, and beyond ... ended up on an ATV trail, even tho the map said otherwise; I've also tried getting to the Snake south of the prison farms but the road seemed to be a bit more off kilter than I wanted to try solo -- and the road was turning into more of a traveled stream bed at that point;

South close to Oregon and Nevada borders, near the Owyhee River.

Left dashed line is Oregon, bottom dashed line is Nevada, green spot is Juniper Mountain, red x is approximate camp spot in Red Canyon.
Red Canyon.JPG

Head to Grand View then out Mud Flat Road towards Jordan Valley, once you get to Juniper Mountain, go south. There are a few different routes, some require getting permission from land owners for access. Mud Flat Rd./Juniper Mtn. Rd. is public and a nice scenic drive, not challenging, you could drive it in a car.

Mud Flat.JPG

Thanks; Google had pointed me that way, but I was hoping it was something north of the valley.

The route through Silver City towards Jordan Valley is one of my future goals... and I keep getting detoured as I head that way. Interesting things along the way that I decide to see if I can get to (usually disappointing as the routes become narrower the farther off road I get).

This area may make a fair place to extend the drive, even plan a stop along the way.

I'm impressed it took less than a tank of fuel from Boise. Not sure I'd be able to say the same with my FJ... lol.

I didn't do a lot of driving around, just went to camp and came back, maybe 15 miles of 'exploring'. The troopy has about a 600 km/370 mile range, which is about double the range of our 80.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom