mega Cruiser (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
has anyone seen this beast yet?
photo12.jpg

Backpack,

the mega cruiser has been around for years....so yea, people have seen it.

no chance it will ever replace the 100 because as i recall, GM made a deal with them so Toyota couldnt sell it here, it would hurt HUMMER sales.

I spy.........a newbie :D

the_backpack said:
could this replace the 100

No.

98 D90? How did you import that?

they sold a couple d90s here in us. pretty hard find though everybody trys to buy it from me on sight.

Its got full ome susp., Bull bar, Warn winch,and some rock sliders:D

does the D90 have the heep, LC type body style? if so i saw one this weekend at a local gas station back home. I forget exactly what model it was but it was an eye catcher. And he had an NRA sticker on the back of it so he was a good ole boy.

lunyoua

the_backpack said:
they sold a couple d90s here in us. pretty hard find though everybody trys to buy it from me on sight.

Its got full ome susp., Bull bar, Warn winch,and some rock sliders:D

Yeah, but the last year they sold stateside was a 97.

Your 98 would have to be gray marketed.

That mega cruiser is a thing of beauty, what diesel motor does it have in it? there is something the hummer enthusiest, don't like about it, something that not all 4 wheels inflate and deflate on the fly, only two do if I recall correctly. It also doesn't have the gear reduction box for the front drivtrain. Although it isn't as military based and probably saved some weight.

I would still rather be in the megacruiser, GM diesels make me nervous, but as long as it isn't a V based gas type engine, GM liked trying to make there 350 diesels at one point, They rarely went over 300, 000km's LOL

Eric Winkworth said:
That mega cruiser is a thing of beauty, what diesel motor does it have in it? there is something the hummer enthusiest, don't like about it, something that not all 4 wheels inflate and deflate on the fly, only two do if I recall correctly. It also doesn't have the gear reduction box for the front drivtrain. Although it isn't as military based and probably saved some weight.

I would still rather be in the megacruiser, GM diesels make me nervous, but as long as it isn't a V based gas type engine, GM liked trying to make there 350 diesels at one point, They rarely went over 300, 000km's LOL

You can see my "SEMA" thread for pictures of the engine.

It seems like the Mega Cruiser would sell pretty well if it was sold stateside

cabron said:
It seems like the Mega Cruiser would sell pretty well if it was sold stateside

Except that it would be in the $100K range most likely.

Why would it be priced so high?

cabron said:
Why would it be priced so high?

Because it's such a limited production.

H1's are that high here for the same reason. Add import tax and the Toyota engineering and manufacturing costs (tighter tolerances, more ruthless QC) on top of that, and you've got an expensive vehicle.

They cost that much or more in the equivalent yen in Japan.

I think if I remember right there was a display at the sema show that said the production time. I can't remember when they started but according to the display sign it finished production in 2003:frown:

I never thought about that. Thanks for the info

Eric Winkworth said:
GM liked trying to make there 350 diesels at one point, They rarely went over 300, 000km's LOL

I hope 300,000 K is like 100,000 miles cause I don't think I've ever seen one of those junkers go over that. The bad thing is I was always a GM man until I bought a LC and I thought they were junk back then.

jfonz said:
I think if I remember right there was a display at the sema show that said the production time. I can't remember when they started but according to the display sign it finished production in 2003:frown:

They were produced from 1996 to 2003. Only 141 were ever produced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom