MEGA CRUISER at SEMA according to Toyota.com (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
Just thought I would pass this along...

Check out what Toyota plans on having at SEMA next week.

2006 RAV4
2007 FJ Cruiser
2007 Yaris
4Runner V8 4x4 by ARB 4x4 Accessories
Avalon by Hotchkis
Avalon by Street Rides
Avalon by Trepagnier
Beechmont's Toyota Land Cruiser FJ40
Land Cruisers from Spectre Off-Road TLC, Inc.
Mega Cruiser by Toyota
NBA Matrix
Prius by Barris
Sequoia by Z2000
Super X-Runner
Tacoma D-Cab 4x4 by Camburg Engineering
Tacoma D-Cab 4x4 by RCD Suspension
Tacoma D-Cab 4x4 by Skyjacker "Project Texas"
Tacoma D-Cab 4x4 by Smittybilt
Tacoma D-Cab 4x4 by SnugTop
Tacoma PreRunner D-Cab by American PreRunner
Tacoma XRunner Drifter by MJH Sound
Team DAD Unmanned Tundra by Digital Auto Drive
Ivan Stewart's ProTruck Support Tundra D-Cab 4x4 by Performance West Group
Tundra C-Cab Limited 4x2 by Sway-A-Way
Tundra D-Cab by Lund
Tundra D-Cab 4x2 by Leer "Go 4 It"
Tundra D-Cab 4x2 by The Custom Shop "Deuces Wild"
Tundra D-Cab 4x4 by Hobrecht

i think MAF or some one should build up an 80 or 100 to show what they have and what can be done to them?? or im i just dumb!

endobrian said:
The glaring lack of the current LC is foreboding.

They only feature "new" vehicles at the SEMA show. The current LC has been around for almost 8 years now.

Tundras and Tacomas are hot aftermarket vehicles, so they are always there.

In this case, there will be some classic FJ40s there to help pump up the FJ Cruiser release.

The closest Toyota has come to featuring a cruiser in the last 5 years I've been is to have an 1FZE engine on a stand with the TRD Supercharger installed.

About time ARB started making products for the new 4Runner. I hope that includes OME.

I think it would be interesting to see how the Mega Cruiser is displayed. Will it be in stock form? Will it be modified? Maybe in a left hand drive?

What I think will be the most interesting is the results of showing the general U.S. public something that not many are familiar with.

I agree, but the Mega has been around for what? 10 years now. And Toyota decides its time to one to the U.S. Makes me wonder what their intentions are.

I think its just PR... I doubt they would ever sell it here, but I guess stranger things have happened. My understanding was that it was developed with some aid from GM (portal axles etc) and that there was an agreement between GM & Toyota that it would never be sold in north america. But that could just be hearsay

With Toyota having all these Toyotas "BY" somebody you would have thought they would have covered all the bases and have the FJ40 and the 4Runner by "pimp my ride" :rolleyes:

John

Last edited:
madams557 said:
I agree, but the Mega has been around for what? 10 years now. And Toyota decides its time to one to the U.S. Makes me wonder what their intentions are.

The MegaCruiser is no longer in production.

And when it was in production I believe it was extreemly low production numbers.

It's probably just there as part of a Land Cruiser Heritage marketing thing, in support of the FJ Cruiser.

beaufort-fj60 said:
they might bring just to rattle gm's cage

Maybe your on to something. This was on Insideline.com:

TURIN, Italy — A rival to GM's military Hummer will be unveiled later this year from an unlikely source. Fiat is planning to reveal a big, Humvee-style off-roader at the Bologna Motor Show in Italy this December.

According to the article, Fiat is introducing their 'Hummer' 'to satisfy a NATO requirement for a Hummer-style military vehicle'.

I wonder if maybe Toyota is thinking the same thing and wants to let GM know that they are in their rear view mirror.

Mega Cruiser

It would be a blast to have but does it look to much like the H2. I would hate to be grouped into that demo. even though it performs more like an H1.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom