Mechanical winch shaft 1979 (info & pictures) (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Awesome thread, thanks to all the contributors!

I have a question though: does the shaft on post and before 1979 trucks is the same?
Can one interchange the parts?

PS. Mine is from a 1974, 4-speed, truck

- This is a very very intriguing company in the Great White North above us , there PTO product i link below applies to H41 , H42 , H55F and H series Gear Boxes of other kinds too ,....?

- it appears they are very familiar with the term " Land Cruiser " , be interesting to explore if they do or can offer a front facing Propeller Shaft based PTO Gear Box Kit type product too ?

my guess is the below PTO / Power Take Off Land Cruiser kit application is for Industrial Mining , like Parker Schnabel from Gold Rush does in Canada's Yukon .....

1710244792458.png

1710245026931.png

Awesome thread, thanks to all the contributors!

I have a question though: does the shaft on post and before 1979 trucks is the same?
Can one interchange the parts?

PS. Mine is from a 1974, 4-speed, truck
Thanks. It was several updates for the pto winch. The BJ4 shafts before and after 1979 stays the same (10.1981). The FJ4 shafts changed in 1979.
PS interesting puzzle
IMG_3332.jpeg

Prior to 1/79 the PTO shaft ran a direct route. The pillow block bearing just before the front crossmember was hung from the radiator bracket. 1/79 plus it was supported off the side frame rail and went thru the front frame member at an angle. The early version the pillow block bearing has an aluminum housing. The splines on the driveshaft at the front can rust together. Because of this just trying to remove the driveshaft the pillow block housing would get broke.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom