May Long Weekend - May 16-18, 2009 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

If were doing the windy ridge route im in!!!! Anyone up for hitting sloquete hot springs after?:bounce:

If were doing the windy ridge route im in!!!! Anyone up for hitting sloquete hot springs after?:bounce:

If I can make it, I probably would, might as well make the trip worth while if I already have to do some travelling, but always depends on work though.

a few reminders:D
176125721_0558749eb0.jpg
176126145_ed26926050.jpg
176127540_e79b49ecf4.jpg

I like the way Steve and Phil are supervising in pic 2 :grinpimp:
GG

It can be quite the adventure:)

Like the time, back in the day, when McTage bobsledded his 75 down a steep mud slicked hill into some trees that stopped him from flying over a revine, kind of adventure?

Like the time, back in the day, when McTage bobsledded his 75 down a steep mud slicked hill into some trees that stopped him from flying over a revine, kind of adventure?

It was more of a luge than a bobsled. Damn lucky that tree had a horseshoe nailed to it.

Are you not that Phil charactor, or is there another lazy Phil in the club?:D

Phil's not here... Only his alter ego
Phil wasn't being lazy, he brought one of three shovels between six trucks
GG

that trip, Mike tried to flop his HZJ75 in a creek - come-alongs and straps kept him upright

writeup and pics from 2006 Churn Creek/Windy Ridge trip - https://forum.ih8mud.com/ca-bc-coastal-cruisers/94482-may-20-22-2006-trip-reports-churn-creek.html

Thanks for the trip down memory lane Steve. That was a fun time.

I think the reference to Mikes slide was from an earlier trip (that I was not on) where Mikes Hill was wet from a fresh rain, the group was traveling in the opposite direction, and Mike started sliding down the hill.

Dunno if I can make this trip. I think I booked the wrong holiday tour in May, and missed the long weekend.

Hmmm , IM IN, How about that point on Gasbard Lake

We should do this 40 mins from the orig camp site . No dust more remote and safer for the kids ie no river rising.
100_2691.jpg
100_2693.jpg

I second that.

Looks like a great spot, but remember down in the Canyon it is generally dryer and warmer that the surrounding plateau.

This year I am solo, 2 less people to worry about, I wont be late or lost anymore! lol

I guess with that monster fridge you bought something had to go!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom