May Long Weekend - May 16-18, 2009 (3 Viewers)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

2 days before X-mas I became a bachelor

Ya, Iam using MOM and Dads spare room for now. OH well look at the bright side, I can do more wheeling!

I am committed, my brother and co-pilot is a maybe.

Will a decision be made to finalize the venue at the April CC meeting? Churn Creek. . .

Here is my rusty stock 70 with 2" lift. Would that work? I don't wanna hold up the show . . .
BJ70%20005.jpg
BJ70%20008.jpg

why dont you bring the 42

I think the deciding factor will be snowpack. Martin has everyone hopped on the Windy Ridge evacuation plan (including me!) I believe this plan will hinge on the Hurley being open. When we did this a couple of years ago they had just plowed the Hurley, so we came out through Pemberton. This was a great trip.
GG

I think the deciding factor will be snowpack. Martin has everyone hopped on the Windy Ridge evacuation plan (including me!) I believe this plan will hinge on the Hurley being open. When we did this a couple of years ago they had just plowed the Hurley, so we came out through Pemberton. This was a great trip.
GG

Why not up it one more by trying Churn Creek to Mud Lakes via Windy Ridge, then from mud lakes over China Head to Big Bar!:grinpimp:

Justin, I don't know how the trail will look so don't know exactly, you might have to play it by ear, but I would think if you throw on some decent tires, you probably would be ok.

Cheers,
Deny

GG

Gotta make an optimistic plan on this, there's people willing to drive over 1000km to attend :grinpimp:. There are a few options on heading out from Mud Lakes, we don't have to go south over the Hurley. Its not that much of a detour to follow Carpenter Lake out and go over the Duffey. Or possibly east over China Head if it really warms up and no snow and back to Big Bar or maybe take the Yalakom.

Gotta make an optimistic plan on this, there's people willing to drive over 1000km to attend :grinpimp:. There are a few options on heading out from Mud Lakes, we don't have to go south over the Hurley. Its not that much of a detour to follow Carpenter Lake out and go over the Duffey. Or possibly east over China Head if it really warms up and no snow and back to Big Bar or maybe take the Yalakom.

Oh ya, I remember now, we didn't know the Hurley was open until we got to the other side. I think the original plan was Carpenter Lake evacuation. China Head would be cool.
GG

We just did that Labor Day

We just did that Labor Day

Yes, but was there two-five feet of snow on the trail?
Looks a lot different in the spring time. China Head will probably be impassable, but you never know...
GG

Looks a lot different in the spring time. China Head will probably be impassable, but you never know...
GG

Last time I did the big bar run on May Long, we got 3 trucks to the top of China head mountain. Cory and Michelle helped break trail with their duel chained sprung over 60 on 35's. I'm willing to give it a go and I can bring my duel chained sprung over 42 on 36's a shovel, some straps and a whole lot of effort:D

Last time I did the big bar run on May Long, we got 3 trucks to the top of China head mountain. Cory and Michelle helped break trail with their duel chained sprung over 60 on 35's. I'm willing to give it a go and I can bring my duel chained sprung over 42 on 36's a shovel, some straps and a whole lot of effort:D

Ya Baby! That's what I'm talking about :bounce2:
GG

I am committed, my brother and co-pilot is a maybe.

Will a decision be made to finalize the venue at the April CC meeting? Churn Creek. . .

Here is my rusty stock 70 with 2" lift. Would that work? I don't wanna hold up the show . . .

justin, I would recomend a good set of tires and maybe a locker. If no locker definatly a winch.

when we went through I was In my old soa wagon on 36s and lockers front and rear. Let just say I was used as the guina pig more than a few times. Everyone else that was there had a winch

Dan

GG

Well ALL RIGHT < THEN Now youre talking YOU mean we are actually gonna wheel! I cant wait

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom