Maxxis Creepy Crawler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Wouldn't you want a more widely used and tested tire?

OK Rogue - I'm not so bright, so I'll bite...what is the tire brand/model you've posted for us to drool on...

That would be the Creepy Crawler that Brian mentioned. Maxxis is a less-available brand stateside.

That is the Creepy Crawler.... and although it is new, Maxxis has been around for some time. I ran Buckshot Mudders back on my first Yota in the late 80's, a great mud tire off the road... not a Swamper, but underated in my eyes.

I suppose the purpose of this question is to gather more info so the decision can be made, stay with a known tire, or try this new and interesting looking alternative. :beer:

looks real heavy duty,nice looking sidewall too......

i havent seen that advertised in any 4 wheel drive mags yet,what sizes are available?

doug

Brian

Those are nice looking tires!
Any dealerships in the states & listed costs?

Some general info from their website:

A new tire from Maxxis International is due to be released this year, and it's a tough one! The Creepy Crawler (M-8090) is the company's latest creation. It's an aggressive tire designed for extreme terrain, rugged durability, and sure-footed traction in the harshest four-wheeling conditions. Maxxis has been manufacturing performance tires for 30 years. It has taken its experience and advanced technologies to build this new off-road tire.

The M-8090 was created to not only survive tough terrain but to take the serious four-wheel enthusiast and competitive rockcrawler places previous tire designs couldn't withstand. The Creepy Crawler is composed of a specially designed compound that is soft and flexible, resists gouging, is strong, and offers excellent gripping abilities. The staggered lug design enhances traction and the tires' self-cleaning capabilities. Each tread lug is horizontally siped to provide substantial water spin off, reduce hydroplaning, and making them excellent wet weather performers.

And -

There’s a new tire in development at Maxxis set to arrive in retailers 3rd quarter of this year. Currently in its testing phase, the M-8090, otherwise known as the CREEPY CRAWLER, is one of the most highly anticipated tires.

The M-8090’s design makes it a rock-climbing beast. Armored by a rugged, square profile sidewall and aggressive tread pattern, it’s specially developed for durability and claw-like traction on uneven terrain. A specially created compound and lug design prevent chunking while staggered groove patterns and shoulder lugs minimize sideway slippage. The Creepy Crawler’s unique horizontal siping maximizes traction in all weather conditions.

The tire uses bias construction and is DOT certified. Sizes that will be made available are as follows:

35X12.50-15

35X12.50-16

37X12.50-15*

37X12.50-16

37X14.50-15

37X14.50-16*

38X13.00-15**

38.5X14.50-16**

“The level of interest the Creepy Crawler is generating is exciting. It’s nothing short of the largest and most aggressive off-road tire we’ve developed and we’re looking forward to its release later this year,” said marketing manager, Michael McGunagle.

For more information on the Creepy Crawler as it becomes available, visit Maxxis.com.

*Available 3rd quarter of 2003
**Available 4th quarter of 2003

Looks like a nice tire for about 200 bucks!
Wonder what the TRUE sizes are on this tire?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom