80 Crawler (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Broski

I love Wheelin my 80
SILVER Star
Threads
This is a good video for anyone that thinks a 80 is not a competent rock crawler !
Check out the opening act 1minute 40seconds, one shot zero drama:cool:

Nice drive. I'm going to go with driver skill too, but the vehicle helps. lol

I dont expect anything less from your rig.... but that is smooth..part luck, part driver, part money and time.

So y-all are saying the rest of the drivers suck ?

Marco I don't think there was any luck involved as I made just as easy three years ago on 37s

I know there driver skills involved but come on theirs several other platform in the video all know to be good rock crawlers and all but one struggles.

You have to give the 80 some credibility as a crawler.

I mean I was going to say the obstacle wasn't that challenging, but I didn't want to offend. After two weeks in moab, everything seems easy. <flame suit on> :)

I mean I was going to say the obstacle wasn't that challenging, but I didn't want to offend. After two weeks in moab, everything seems easy. <flame suit on> :)
Moab is like Overlanding 😂

What trails did you run fins & things 😂

Yep, Top of the World, Poison Spider, Hells Revenge, Fins & Things, Rose Garden, and a bunch of others.

I think the awesome wheel base of an 80 series helps more often than it causes problems. Wheeling at sand hollow my rig on little 35's has crawled up obstacles that rigs with shorter wheel bases and 40's couldn't do.

@Broski is right. An 80 series is an excellent crawler. Especially with a skilled driver and a well sorted rig (even if it has an old school parking brake 🤣). And the best thing about an 80 series no one ever mentions is the awesome visibility offered by the layout of the windows. Not only do 80 series make great crawlers but they also let you enjoy all the scenery with the comfort of cool aircon or heat.

Did you watch the hole video ?
Fully built crawlers are struggling because it isn't challenging ;)

After two weeks in moab, everything seems easy. <flame suit on> :)

In 2 months I am moving to Monticello Utah, about 50 minutes from Moab. I will be buying a car in the next 6 months also. I predict my 80 series is going to get bigger tires, better suspension, and more dents pretty soon 🤣

Yep, Top of the World, Poison Spider, Hells Revenge, Fins & Things, Rose Garden, and a bunch of others.
All easy trails ! did you run hell's gate or the escalator when on Hell's revenge ?
Now if you ran steel bender, Metal masher, Cliffhanger or Pritchett canyon those are challenging trails !!

So y-all are saying the rest of the drivers suck ?

Marco I don't think there was any luck involved as I made just as easy three years ago on 37s

I know there driver skills involved but come on theirs several other platform in the video all know to be good rock crawlers and all but one struggles.

You have to give the 80 some credibility as a crawler.
The line for soup bowl seems super duper funky and really easy to miss. I want to try it very badly

I think the awesome wheel base of an 80 series helps more often than it causes problems. Wheeling at sand hollow my rig on little 35's has crawled up obstacles that rigs with shorter wheel bases and 40's couldn't do.

@Broski is right. An 80 series is an excellent crawler. Especially with a skilled driver and a well sorted rig (even if it has an old school parking brake 🤣). And the best thing about an 80 series no one ever mentions is the awesome visibility offered by the layout of the windows. Not only do 80 series make great crawlers but they also let you enjoy all the scenery with the comfort of cool aircon or heat.
The line for soup bowl seems super duper funky and really easy to miss. I want to try it very badly
It's amazing what four tires with traction can do
Nice that there are some knowledgeable wheedlers here !

I like your videos Broski. I'm using them for reference on what would improve my build. I DEFINITELY need more armor. And experience.
Well if you wheel like you build your way ahead of the curve !!
Can't wait to hit the trails with you when you get it done !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom