Marks Adapters Crawler Box Works (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

sleeoffroad

Supporting Vendor
Threads
Website
www.sleeoffroad.com
Ok, I just wanted to post this to get it on records. I have had the Marks Adapters crawler box installed in my truck for more than a year. I had issues with it jumping out of gear since I installed it. Prior to Moab Mark came to visit all the way from Australia. Combining work with a holiday he actually fixed the box at the shop. We installed some new gears with that had minor adjustments made to the machining. The box that I had was one of the first ones installed and the fix is now in all production boxes.

Due to radiator screw-up in Moab and only running easy trails I did not get to try it extensively. However the times that I did it worked. So this past weekend we went to Independence trail at Penrose CO and I gave it a good work out. I did the whole trail with it and I can now fully endorse his product. It made a 1000% difference in crawling and I drove through spots where previously I would have broken parts for sure. The new Longfields and PolyPerformance inner axles helped as well.

However with the box, the extra control and not having to power brake the truck to build up enough RPM to get going made all the difference.

Just want to get this on record.

Pics Here

This would have been a birf breaker for sure in the past.

DSC00908.jpg

Last edited:
sleeoffroad said:
. I did the whole trail with it and I can not fully endorse his product. It made a 1000% difference in crawling and I drove through spots where previously.{QUOTE}

:flipoff2: I just had to catch that.

sleeoffroad said:
So this past weekend we went to Independence trail at Penrose CO and I gave it a good work out. I did the whole trail with it and I can not fully endorse his product. It made a 1000% difference in crawling and I drove through spots where previously I would have broken parts for sure.

CAN NOT FULLY ENDORSE :confused: :confused:

Perhaps this is a typo???

Also -out of curiousity and for those of us not familliar with that trail - could you elaborate on that fence / guard rail / pipe contraption that looks like it's out of place in the middle of nowhere in your photos??

Lookin good :cool:

Christo,
what's in front of the truck here (the tubing)?
DSC00928.jpg

BTW, that's a weird looking short cut to the mall :flipoff2:

OK, the fence was put up to stop people from making a easy way out of the trail. The club that manages this trail wanted to keep it hard core. If the fence is not there, you can go straight out with smaller trucks, which would eventually lead to a whole bunch of rock stracking and the trail would become easier. So it is trail management. Believe it or not, the way to do it with a wide truck is actually to put the left front tire on the rail and drive it on the rail. Otherwise you end up rolling to the right.

I could not drive the end, I got 80% up and then got stuck on my slider with both passenger side tires in the air. No way a 80 climbs those rocks with only two wheels having traction.

FIXED typo - not should have read now.

pics starting at 85

imagine that, ben puttin his truck on its side :D :D

Christo, do you still think this requires a 3-inch body lift miniimum to fit - that is without major trimming? I'm wondering since I only have a 1-inch body lift. Also, any news on the valve bodies & lock up for the A343 tranny?

Thanks and the truck looks like it's doing great!

Mike R.

clownmidget said:
Christo, do you still think this requires a 3-inch body lift miniimum to fit - that is without major trimming? I'm wondering since I only have a 1-inch body lift. Also, any news on the valve bodies & lock up for the A343 tranny?

2" is the minimum. You have to modify the cross member some and also have the gas tank modified. As for the trannies, we are no longer selling the Wholesale Automatic products. The products are good, but we had some issues with parts that did not work. This showed that the logistics of doing this with rebuilt trannies from Australia was just not worth it. Rodney is selling directly into the US now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom