March 9th Club Ride - Stony Lonesome (1 Viewer)

Which date works best?

• March 16th

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

UPDATE

UPDATE

3/8/19, 1:30PM: Due to recent rains and pending weather on Saturday, we are rescheduling the stony lonesome trip for a future date when it wont be a sloppy mess. Instead, we will meet at the Dairy Queen at Liberty Park (4500 Overton Road) at 8:30, and ride through the 600-1 and 600-2 trails.

Trip Report: @Land Speeder @booradley @Bama4door

Fun ride cut a little short by the bad weather moving in. We drove I20, started at Cheaha State Park, let connected 600-2 working our way Southwest.

The roads were pretty tame except the one spot which was a little too slick for @Land Speeder 's 2wd tundra. I'm waiting on Eric to hook the rope up. We didin't take a lot of pics on 600-2 because the real scenic stuff is mostly on 600-1

@Bama4door developed a noise in the used diff he swapped in, so he pulled the drive flanges and front drive shaft and drove it back in 2wd.

After 600-2, we decided to beat the weather that was blowing in and save 600-1 for another day. Cole and Eric headed towards I20, while Clarence and I drove towards 280. We got intrigued by the signs, so bidding goodbye to Clarence, we made our way towards Childersburg to swing by DeSoto caverns to eat a picnic lunch and take the tour. I haven't been there since I was a kid and it was a fun stop. They've even added a laser light show at the end. I was hoping a little Pink Floyd would play, but no dice.
A few pics from the web:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom