Manual tranny fj62 (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
I did a search and had no luck. Anyway it looks like I'm going to be picking up an '89 FJ62 on Saturday and the wheels have already began to turn. My question is what is needed to make a 62 into a manual tranny? My wife will suffer for now with the auto but she really want's a manual. I know I saw it posted somewhere, I just can't find it. I know that I'll need the pedal assembly and everything else clutch related (master cylinder, slave cyl., hoses etc.) &nbsp:Do I need the crossmember and transfer case from a 60 also? I'm just trying to get an idea of what's needed. Luckily I've got a friend that bought a junked 60 for the axles and it has everything else so getting the parts shouldn't be a problem, I'm just trying to make sure I don't forget anything.

I'll try to get this right, but I know I'll forget something.

Parts from FJ60 needed:
-Transmission
-Transfer case
-Bellhousing stamped 3F. Later 60's used these bellhousing. 3f is stamped in big letters, cannot miss it
-Clutch Slave
-clutch master
-all plumbing for clutch-
-flywheel
-There is a panel, which streaches from where the pedals mount up into the steering column. Easiest and best way is to swap the whole thing. Only thing left to mount the clutch is to drill a hole through the firewall for the clutch master
-driveshafts
-for your transmission crossmember you have 2 choices:
a) you can get new crossmember mounts from Toyota.
these will need to be welded in as the location changes
b) I cannot for the life of me remember, but someone online
makes a new crossmember that mounts between the
frame rails instead of under. Also needs to be mounted
in. This one is pretty slick.
-new clutch disc/pressure plate
-Release bearing and pilot bearing

Everything will bolt right up. The time consuming stuff will be all the little bits and pieces like the pedals and the plumbing. Not a real difficult job. You will have a bunch of wiring connectors and tranny cooler lines that will now go nowhere. No issues there.

If I remember anything else, I'll let you know.
Feel free to ask me any questions.

Thanks for the reply and all the work, unfortunately the deal didn't work out so I'll be keeping my eyes out for another one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom