Builds MAGNETO BUILD THREAD (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

HODGES

SILVER Star
Threads
We bought this LC back in 2017. I knew exactly what I wanted to do and had it pretty much built in about 6 months. Met up with Woody to go wheeling a couple weeks ago in Ouray and it reminded me that I should probably do a build thread. I had an FJ Cruiser before this, but always wanted a 200. Link to my FJ Cruiser BUILD THREAD

Meet MAGNETO. 2014 Land Cruiser:

92577BFE-63DF-4BD4-89B4-1009A4F2F0E0.jpeg

SUSPENSION:

- ICON FRONT COILOVERS
- ICON REAR SHOCKS
- F & R CDC ADJUSTABLE RESERVOIRS
- SLINKY LONG TRAVEL REAR COILS
- ICON BILLET UCAS W/ DELTA JOINT
- METAL TECH REAR LOWERS & UPPERS
- TRAIL TAILOR PANHARD BAR
- SLINKY EXTENDED REAR BUMP STOPS
- TRAIL GEAR EXTENDED BRAKE LINES

ARMOR / WHEELS / TIRES:

- METHOD NV 305 WHEELS
- BFG K02 285/75/17
- ARB FRONT BUMPER
- ARB REAR BUMPER W/SWING OUT
- SSO CUSTOM SLIDERS (WELDED ON)
- ARB FULL SKID PLATES
- ICON REAR SHOCK MOUNT ARMOR
- TRAIL TAILOR REAR LCA ARMOR
- SLEE KDSS RELO KIT

LIGHTING / ELECTRONICS:

- S-POD SOURCE SE 8 CIRCUIT
- S-POD BANTAM X TOUCHSCREEN
- DIRTY PARTS DUAL BATTERY KIT
- ODYSSEY BATTERIES (2)
- SLEE AUX BATTERY TRAY
- BAJA DESIGNS S8 40” LIGHTBAR
- BAJA DESIGNS SQUADRON PROS (2)
- PRIMELUX 8” SPOTS (2)
- ARB LED FOGS (2)
- RIGID DUALLY PROS (4)
- VISION X TANTRUM ROCK LIGHTS (8)
- FULL LED SWAP
- SLEE FOG LIGHT BRACKETS
- RICOCHET ROCK LIGHT MOUNTS
- COBRA 75 WXST CB / 4’ FIRESTIK
- BAOFENG BF-F8HP HAM RADIOS
- I-PAD ON RAM MOUNT
- WHELEN 295SLSA1 POLICE SIREN/PA

RECOVERY / OTHER:

- WARN ZEON PLATINUM 12S WINCH
- FACTOR 55 FLAT LINK
- ARB FRONT RECOVERY POINTS
- POWERTANK CO2 TANK
- BAJA RACK FLAT RACK
- ARB SAFARI SNORKEL
- ARB FRIDGE/FREEZER
- TUFF STUFF 270 AWNING
- BORLA XS PRO MUFFLER W/ CAT BACK DELETE & HIGH CLEARANCE EXHAUST
- SEAHORSE SE-1530 ROOF STORAGE
- ARB BREATHER RELO KIT
- BODY MOUNT CHOP
- 60” HI LIFT
- MAXTRAX
- ROTOPAX 4 GALLON GAS
- ROTOPAX ROOF MOUNT PLATE
- WEATHERTECH MATS
- RAINGLER CARGO BARRIER NET
- RAINGLER REAR ROOF STORAGE NET
- BLUE RIDGE XL SPARE TIRE BAG

53E2786C-C14C-4946-9F32-484B60EE2468.jpeg

DE4DE488-6992-4053-A497-15D8993B7153.jpeg
FF0B2459-4496-4207-8391-59CD304CAD02.jpeg
823363FD-9432-4171-A39D-40C439A17BCB.jpeg
9BAF0A94-0E98-4ED8-B8B8-0353F3E68052.jpeg

Last edited:
We bought this 200 back in 2017. I knew exactly what I wanted to do and had it pretty much built in about 6 months. Met up with Woody to go wheeling a couple weeks ago in Ouray and it reminded me that I should probably do a build thread.

I had an FJ Cruiser before this, but always wanted a 200. Plus with the kids growing up we needed a lot more room. Here’s a link to my FJ build thread:

Meet Magneto. 2014 200 Series

View attachment 2758729

SUSPENSION:

FRONT ICON COILOVERS / REMOTE RESERVIORS / ADJUSTABLE CDC
REAR ICON SHOCKS / PIGGYBACK RESERVOIRS / ADJUSTABLE CDC
REAR SLINKY LONG TRAVEL COILS
ICON BILLET UCAS W/ DELTA JOINTS (recently replaced the Blackhawk UCAs)
METAL TECH REAR LOWERS & UPPERS
TRAIL TAILOR REAR PANHARD BAR
EXTENDED REAR BUMP STOPS

ICON 6 SPEED 17’ WHEELS
BFG K02 285/75/17

ARMOR:

ARB FRONT & REAR BUMPERS
SSO CUSTOM SLIDERS (WELDED ON)
ARB FULL SKID PLATES
ICON REAR SHOCK MOUNT ARMOR
TRAIL TAILOR REAR LCA ARMOR

LIGHTING / ELECTRONICS:

S-POD SOURCE SE 8 CIRCUIT-TOUCHSCREEN
DIRTY PARTS DUAL BATTERY KIT W/
ODYSSEYS
SLEE AUX BATTERY TRAY
BAJA DESIGN S8 40” LIGHTBAR
BAJA DESIGNS SQUADRON PROS (2)
PRIMELUX 8” SPOT LIGHTS (2)
ARB LED FOGS (2)
RIGID DUALLY PROS (1 DRIVER, 1 PASSENGER, 2 REAR)
VISION X TANTRUM ROCK LIGHTS (8)
FULL LED SWAP (INTERIOR / EXTERIOR / HEADLIGHTS)
SLEE LIGHT BRACKETS FOR ARB FRONT BUMPER
RICOCHET ROCK LIGHT MOUNTS
75 WXST COBRA CB / 4’ FIRESTIK
BAOFENG BF-F8HP HAM RADIOS
I-PAD ON RAM MOUNT
WHELEN 295SLSA1 POLICE SIREN/PA

RECOVERY / OTHER COOL s***

WARN ZEON PLATINUM 10S WINCH / FACTOR 55 FLAT LINK
ARB FRONT RECOVERY POINTS
POWERTANK CO2 TANK
BAJA RACK FLAT RACK
ARB SAFARI SNORKEL
ARB FRIDGE/FREEZER
ARB 8’ AWNING
60” HI LIFT
MAXTRAX
2 ROTOPAX 4 GALLON / ON ROTOPAX ROOF MOUNT PLATE
TRAIL GEAR EXTENDED BRAKE LINES
WEATHERTECH MATS
RAINGLER CARGO BARRIER NET
RAINGLER REAR ROOF STORAGE NET
BLUE RIDGE XL SPARE TIRE BAG

View attachment 2758744
View attachment 2758752View attachment 2758753View attachment 2758794
That is flexing!

Did you drill those 2 holes and put the bolts in and just posted this pic before hand? If not you should go back and do that. My first set got mangled up because I thought I could get away without having that, and boy was I wrong
Didn’t put the bolts in. Welded it in place instead

Hodges,
Great pics and thread. I’m jealous of your upgrades (And your ability to do the upgrades).

What’s your experience with that rotopax you carry on the roof?
Due to the crappy range on an unmodified 200, I want to carry extra gas like that but worry about the need to vent them. I frequently make the drive from Houston to Telluride and worry that venting the rotopax might be more trouble than they are worth. Do you have to take it off of your roof to vent it?

And yes, I know that adding an aux tank is the real answer, but since there is nobody in houston who can do that, I need to find alternatives until I can take it in elsewhere.

Hodges,
Great pics and thread. I’m jealous of your upgrades (And your ability to do the upgrades).

Due to the crappy range on an unmodified 200, I want to carry extra gas like that but worry about the need to vent them. I frequently make the drive from Houston to Telluride and worry that venting the rotopax might be more trouble than they are worth. Do you have to take it off of your roof to vent it?

And yes, I know that adding an aux tank is the real answer, but since there is nobody in houston who can do that, I need to find alternatives until I can take it in elsewhere.

Try Duggy’s Garage. I know they’ve done a few LRA tank installs.

Hodges,

Thank you. I’ve made the same trek (from Louisiana) to Colorado for the last 10+ years. They will swell up a bit when you reach higher elevations but I have never had to mess with them. 👍🏼

And take it to Duggy’s Garage in Houston if you want an aux tank or any other mods installed. He specializes in Toyota’s and does great work.

Last edited:
Your build looks great and it's awesome to see the entire family enjoying it out west. Do you do any adventuring/wheeling closer to home or in Louisiana itself? I'd love to outfit ours like this but I have to finish my truck build first and then give the new LX a year or two before I pick one up for momma to replace the LC. Then and only then can I start the major mods, or so she tells me lol.

Thank you. I’ve made the same trek (from Louisiana) to Colorado for the last 10+ years. They will swell up a bit when you reach higher elevations but I have never had to mess with them. 👍🏼

And take it to Duggy’s Garage in Houston if you want an aux tank or any other mods installed. He specializes in Toyota’s and does great work.
Man! That’s great news. Other posts in this forum talk about needing to vent them two or three times a day when increasing altitude like that. Or even if it’s too hot out.

So as not to hijack this thread about Magneto, I’ll start a new thread.

But thanks for the information and keep the pics of your build coming. Great inspiration for those of us stuck in indecision paralysis.

Your build looks great and it's awesome to see the entire family enjoying it out west. Do you do any adventuring/wheeling closer to home or in Louisiana itself? I'd love to outfit ours like this but I have to finish my truck build first and then give the new LX a year or two before I pick one up for momma to replace the LC. Then and only then can I start the major mods, or so she tells me lol.
Thanks bud. There is nowhere decent to wheel in Louisiana. I used to wheel a lot in TX (hidden falls, Gilmer) and up in Arkansas. Haven’t been in a few years though. Once you wheel out west everything around here pales in comparison. We are kind of spoiled now. Looking to buy a house in the Ouray/Ridgeway area. We’re planning a trip up to explore the Ozark's once it cools off a bit. May do a trip to hidden falls soon too. They have a really nice outdoor shooting range.

Thanks bud. There is nowhere decent to wheel in Louisiana. I used to wheel a lot in TX (hidden falls, Gilmer) and up in Arkansas. Haven’t been in a few years though. Once you wheel out west everything around here pales in comparison. We are kind of spoiled now. Looking to buy a house in the Ouray/Ridgeway area. We’re planning a trip up to explore the Ozark's once it cools off a bit. May do a trip to hidden falls soon too. They have a really nice outdoor shooting range.

Oh yea, I can imagine that there isn't much in Louisiana but I had to ask haha. Arkansas has a few hidden gems but I find I prefer to spend time up in Eureka Springs on two wheels over wheeling in Hot Springs these days. Gilmer and HF are nice, I've been to both so many times I no longer care to count but we keep going back since it's something closer to home to do. You should try the Texas Overland Route the next time you head to HF or Fredericksburg. It's nothing technical or super special but it's worth doing once and there are a few areas with quite nice scenery. Everyone should visit Big Bend at least once in their life (the State Park is better for technical off-roading)

We used to spend a lot of time up in Park City and all along the Provo River Valley but we haven't been in the past few years. The Alpine Loop is certainly one of my favorites and usually a staple for us every August but again, these past few years it hasn't happened. I've transitioned to spending more of my major off-road time on two wheels in recent years and that has led to the cutting back on four wheeling, I really do need to make a better effort to get back out there on four wheels with the misses.

Oh yea, I can imagine that there isn't much in Louisiana but I had to ask haha. Arkansas has a few hidden gems but I find I prefer to spend time up in Eureka Springs on two wheels over wheeling in Hot Springs these days. Gilmer and HF are nice, I've been to both so many times I no longer care to count but we keep going back since it's something closer to home to do. You should try the Texas Overland Route the next time you head to HF or Fredericksburg. It's nothing technical or super special but it's worth doing once and there are a few areas with quite nice scenery. Everyone should visit Big Bend at least once in their life (the State Park is better for technical off-roading)

We used to spend a lot of time up in Park City and all along the Provo River Valley but we haven't been in the past few years. The Alpine Loop is certainly one of my favorites and usually a staple for us every August but again, these past few years it hasn't happened. I've transitioned to spending more of my major off-road time on two wheels in recent years and that has led to the cutting back on four wheeling, I really do need to make a better effort to get back out there on four wheels with the misses.
We definitely want to go explore Big Bend!

Do you do any enduro with Sean Sykora? He’s a good friend of mine from Houston. They go a Mexico quite a bit. I would love to get into that but I really don’t need another expensive ass hobby, and I would probably end up hurting myself 😂

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom