"Magic Carpet Ride again" (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Theres literally a new thread on here every day concerning someones AHC issues. No thanks. I looked on purpose for a Land Cruiser with out it.
Not a lot of people post that their system is working fine. I try to chime in only in case someone is on the fence about it as I once was. I thought if something fails that's when I'll spend on a lift (thanks to Range Rover P38's air suspension that always leaked). Then I learned about it, cross leveled, calibrated and changed the fluid and it rides remarkably well. Changing future parts that may go bad seems to be simple and well documented on the forum. Once fixed Toyotas tend to stay fixed unlike other mfgs where you have to keep at least one thing broken as a sacrifice to the car gods in order to keep other things from breaking. Enjoy your rig.

There's literally a new thread on here every day concerning someone's AHC issues. No thanks. I looked on purpose for a Land Cruiser with out it.
Once you're "in the know" it's reliable and roughly the same cost as traditional suspension with a FAR superior ride quality for almost all use cases - including fully built vehicles.

If you're ignorant about it, it's a mystifying alien spaceship.

Ignorance is a poor excuse and is easily resolved, hence all the threads. :)

Im sure its not that hard to work on, I just didnt want to. When searching for a LC/LX I drove a fair number that had issues with the AHC and the ones I drove that did have it functioning didnt exactly blow me away. I also was not looking at $25K low mileage 100 series LC's so that may have something to do with it.

Once you're "in the know" it's reliable and roughly the same cost as traditional suspension with a FAR superior ride quality for almost all use cases - including fully built vehicles.

If you're ignorant about it, it's a mystifying alien spaceship.

Ignorance is a poor excuse and is easily resolved, hence all the threads. :)
Well, you’ve got that, plus the “if you don’t like OME shocks, and 32mm torsion bars, you must not be manly enough for a true LC/LX” posts.

I’ll be the first to admit that I’ve spent way too much time/money tuning a conventional suspension, and what I have is really only applicable to my vehicles, but I’d argue that if you’re tuning for a narrow use case, conventional can equal or exceed AHC. If you’re looking for a Leatherman/Swiss Army Knife, AHC is hard to beat.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom