m416 rim / tire combo help (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

Threads
hello all

i have an m416 with army spec rims and tires:

2011-08-24193228.jpg

tires on the trailer now are sized 7.00-16lw and the rim is a 5 on 5.5 bolt pattern (that's right, no?).

what other trucks or SUVs use that bolt pattern? i want to try find a set of used rims/tires to swap onto the trailer. i'm concerned about finding rims that will work with that large center hub and also rims and tires that aren't so wide as to stick out of the stock fenders.

any ideas? thanks

I think CJ-5s use a 5 x 5.5. I had a friend that swapped the wheels off his Jeep on to his M416.

Yes those rims are hub centric. 416 was run behind a m 151 mutt they use the same rim. I got a nos rim off eBay shipped for 40 it was the cheapest route for me one instead of 3 cj rims also some Ford's use the 5 x 5.5 large hub. But the rim offset would be hard if you want to stay with stock fenders with any other non stock rim

There are tire options but i couldn't find a cheap one. Like the military reproduction tire but their not cheap but the stock lasted 40 years and just are Sun cracked so possibly worth the investment

5x5.5 is common to, at the least, Jeep CJ's, Early Broncos, some Ford F-100's, Scout's & Scout II's, and Samurai's.

Just some food for thought...something I did with two of my trailer projects. Take the rims and have them blasted and powdercoated. The rims are usually in good shape and only painted steel. I found a plcae near my house that charged only 80.00 a pair. Cheaper than buying a new set of rims and they look brand new....and think, with all of the color choices out there now you can have them coated just about any color (including pearl coats now) and could have them match your paint scheme or vehicle.

You can also find new ND military tires for around a 100-130 for the size you are looking for (I buy all mine through Summit Racing, same day shipping and their price is at about the bottom of the rung). And they will last another 40 years. So for around 300 you can basicaly have 2 new rims and tires.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom