M2V2 Phone Mount thread.... (1 Viewer)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

@CruiserGarage 's ash tray ScanGauge mount:

Going to order one now, thanks! :)

So on a 2000 LC are you snapping this piece of plastic off to get to the third screw hole there?

View attachment 2491044
I used a dremel with a small cutter to cut that piece off reveling the attachment hole underneath.

20210619_123027.jpg

20210619_124428.jpg

After growing weary of some of the X-Grip flaws, I’ve temporarily swapped it out for a Slip Grip Kydex mount.

Advantages of the X-Grip:
  • Somewhat universal, phone model and case don’t matter (within reason).
  • Aesthetically pleasing w/ or w/o phone.
  • Holds the phone securely.

Disadvantages of the X-Grip:
  • Two handed operation.
  • Tends to press side buttons.

Advantages of Slip Grip:
  • Holds phone securely.
  • Doesn’t press side buttons.
  • One handed operation.

Disadvantages of Slip Grip:
  • Limited to specific phone & case
  • Not really beautiful w/o phone mounted

View attachment 2546615
View attachment 2546616
View attachment 2546617
I went ahead and ordered a slip grip since the quick-grip from Ram ends up basically being a 2 handed operation as well. Looking forward to trying it out.

I posted this in another thread before, but here is my setup.

I use it with an iOttie Wireless Qi charger on my Pixel 4, so I don't have to plug in the every time. I wirelessly connect to my Pioneer head unit for Andoid Auto.

I found this Arkon 25mm ball to 17mm ball adapter that fits the RAM mount on one end and the iOttie socket on the other. Short RAM socket arm to connect everything. Its meant for Garmin mounts, so it will work for that if needed as well. Just right spot, so I can reach/see all my controls and still access phone if needed.

I also cut off the tab on the backside of the radio frame that was interfering with the mount. I used some cutters I had in the truck.

IMG_20200622_135125.jpg
IMG_20200622_135131.jpg
IMG_20200612_145600.jpg
IMG_20200622_134352_2.jpg

Last edited:
The slip grip is AWESOME. Soooo much better than either of the Ram phone holders. I've been using both the x-grip as well as the quick connect for a few weeks and after one day of using the slip grip I'm in love with this thing. Its truelly a one handed operation. Both putting it in and removing it from the slip grip is easy peasy and completely one handed. jlb thanks for showing that one. I hadn't seen it before

Reactions: jLB
Well I'm going to test out how strong this setup is. I've got my tablet mounted with the medium sized arm at approx. 1.5lbs. It's solid when parked but if I give it a little wiggle you can see the bezel flexing a little bit. Will give it the off road test this weekend. My old setup used their floor mount system which was effective just a bit in the way.

KIMG3536.JPG

KIMG3535.JPG

KIMG3534.JPG

So it turns out this setup is just a tad too heavy. When setup as shown in the previous pictures the weight causes the panel to flex a bit. I don't think it will break right away but possible over time. The bigger issue is it makes a creaky barn door noise. Might work for some people but I will most likely go back to my original setup with the floor mount.

You could set it up like below so it's closer to the panel standing straight up and it alleviates the above issue but it's not as accessible and it blocks the vent control.

On pavement both setups work fine but once you hit the dirt it's a bit sketchy.

KIMG3540.JPG

KIMG3539.JPG

Heads up all, I only have one bracket left of these right now. More are expected, but the ETA is unknown. If you want one soon, better snatch up the last one in current inventory!

Orders are live again after a long hiatus. I've had a bunch of emails/insta/facebook/PMs on these and I tried to reply to everyone I could find this morning.

So here's an FYI for anyone I missed!

Reactions: jLB

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom